Clamp to the leg multi effects processor?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Dering

Clamp to the leg multi effects processor?

Post by Larry Dering »

Anyone using a small multi effects processor that's attached to the rear leg? At one time the Line 6 Pod XT was popular,(I still use one). Most of the stuff has been rack mounted, but that too has fizzled out in popularity. I haven't seen much else available. What do you use?
Ken Metcalf

Post by Ken Metcalf »

Pedal Train with hard case.

https://sanantoniosteelguitarassoc.com/
MSA 12 String E9th/B6th Universal
Little Walter PF-89.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

That's a good setup but a bit large. I'm thinking along the lines of Nux amp academy, or Boss IR 200 amp and cab simulator. I want it on a bracket and mounted to the back leg.
Ray DeVoe

Leg mount effects setup

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Hi Larry.

Here is something I made up quick if I just want to use the typical dual effect pedal.

I had a non-used Peterson Tuner mount sitting around and that's what I used for the fastening system. I wanted to keep everything thin and light, so I cut a rectangle out of a clip board made from hard material. I used the threaded hole in the mount and fastened the cut piece to it. Once everything was fastened well where it would not turn, I used Velcro to fasten the pedal. Its simple but it works. This may not be what you are looking for but it makes for a quick shelf if you want to keep it quick and easy.

Ray D.
Last edited by Ray DeVoe on 9 Nov 2023 3:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zum SD 10 Hybrid, Zum D 10 Hybrid, Emmons SD 10 P.P.
SMS: Revelation & Classic Preamps: Furlong 12" & 15" Splits.
Telonics 500 C: Quilter-T.T.12": Fender T.M. Twin
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Ray, I like it. I'm hoping some players will chime in and talk about they stuff they use like what you have. The Zoom MS50 was popular and so was the Line 6 Pods. With all the newest amp modeling stuff now I expected a lot of ideas to come forward. Thanks Ray
Gil James

Ms-50

Post by Gil James »

If it ain't broke, dont fix it.
Pretty much just use the delay and reverb on it,but it's what I still use for grab and go gigs.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Similar to what Ray did, but I made brackets that hook to the side of my seat. For me, it was more convenient to change programs sitting there.

Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Gil and Roger, thanks. I do like the seat bracket Roger has and I may use that method. So many of the processors are large and the seat bracket takes the load a little better.
Larry Allen

Rack

Post by Larry Allen »

I ended up making my set-up simple and accessible..Alexis Midiverb, Telonics midi transmitter, hand switch for leslies on/off (Alesis foot switch in) :D

Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Larry, yep that works. I just got the Nux Amp academy and played about an hour. The clean amps with it's built in reverb was very good. I didn't tweak any settings except reverb. Very positive impression. I ran it into my Quilter 202 to a TT 12 in separate cabinet. I used the effects return input on the Quilter.
David Wren

Post by David Wren »

Years ago I bought a Line 6 HX Stomp, multi FX unit, and also a 2 button switch that toggles through my presets.

The switch is small, and I have it mounted on my rear right leg. I don't have to touch the HK Stomp pedal at all... works great for switching presets in the middle of a song.

Here's a forum link with pix.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... highlight=

The unit is capable of tons of presets... I use 5 :)
Last edited by David Wren on 11 Nov 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Wren
'96 Carter U12,7X7; 1936 7 string National; Line 6 HX Stomp; Quilter TT-15/TB202; Quilter "Steelaire"; DV Mark "GH 250"with 15" 1501 BW; Boss "Katana" 100 Head w/Line 6 Cab; Telonics VP.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

David thanks. I was considering the HX stomp. Good quality effects and amp models in that little box.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Here's my new little effects rig. It's actually a Donner pedal rack mounted upside down to an adjustable iPad/tablet holder, clamped to the back leg of the steel. So far so good. First field test this Saturday night.

Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Jim, are you going through an amp or using the amp simulation from the Zoom into the mixer? I know the Zoom MS50G has some popularity here. That Multistomp is mainly an effects pedal but I read you can use software to add amps and effects.
Ron Hogan

Post by Ron Hogan »

Drum hardware and then I tapped threads into the side of the effect, added
Image Loctite.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Larry Dering wrote:Jim, are you going through an amp or using the amp simulation from the Zoom into the mixer?
So far I'm only using this for driving dates when I bring an amp. I haven't really thought yet about whether I want to use it for fly dates when I go through the Dream pedal.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Thanks Jim.
Ron, how satisfied are you using the Zoom products?