Hogans Dream

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Wisson

Hogans Dream

Post by David Wisson »

Hi All just finished Hogans Dream from Mr Greens Revisited. This is my version Just Visiting. Hope Mr Green doesn't cringe to much. Loved this song what superb tone & talent He has. Thank you Lloyd. Dave :D https://soundcloud.com/user-627782904/hogans-dream
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Really nice job on one of my favorite Lloyd offerings. Your interpretation is spot on.

Loved it.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
David Rogerson

Post by David Rogerson »

I second Mark Tulbert's remarks. Very well played Dave, and also nice that you added your style to it. Really enjoyed the performance.
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Mark Thank you glad you liked it. I don't know how Lloyd gets so much in to a song with such style & grace. Dave :)
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Dave Thank you glad you enjoyed it. I think that's the first time I have used the second string lower on a song. (beginning of the end bit) I need to move that knee lever in a bit haven't had time to sort out the Knee levers since I built the guitar. I have six levers one forward moving on the right knee that I love. Dave :)
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Hi David,

I got this email from Lloyd this morning and he asked me to pass his comments on to you.

David, I didn’t ‘cringe’ when I heard your interpretation of “Hogan’s Dream”. Instead, you played it beautifully. I enjoyed listening and it evoked a smile and memory of why it was originally written.

It was actually written in honor of your fellow English countryman, Gerry Hogan, one of only three instrumentals I wrote and recorded with a person as the catalyst. They were all for different reasons of course. “

Best regards,

Lloyd Green

kind regards,

Mark T.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Mark Thank you so much for passing Lloyds comments on to me. I feal truly Honoured. I have a photo up in our loft (its only up there because we moved and are renovating the house. safest place.) Taken about 43years ago at Scotty's Convention of Lloyd & myself I was about 20 then and to awe struck to ask questions. Thank you Lloyd for your lovely reply and background on the song. You made my Day, Week, Year. Dave :D
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

David, a remarkable and excellent interpretation of a great song. There's something touching about this melody. Your work is awesome.
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Very nice and well played, David. I enjoyed your music.
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Larry thank you so much. Been busy with work, family and house. What a great song. I wish I could come up with something like that. Dave :)
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Larry J Thank you. It was a song I have listen to a lot but never got round to playing until now. Lloyd writes some lovely melodies. Dave :)
Joe Krumel

Hogans Dream

Post by Joe Krumel »

Hi David, Man you should take a bow on that performance. Very nice. Mr. Lloyd can sure compose some great stuff. You did him proud.
David Wisson

Post by David Wisson »

Hi Joe thank you. Yes He does and has a wonderful tone. Here is one of my favourite studio performances of the man himself. https://youtu.be/dJGEGS2VzZo?si=BfO1gx0gqpDXDqbZ Dave :)
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Thank you so much for this. Pure magic. Good grief can It get any better than this? I think not!!!! Wow!