Andy Volk Caused This ;-) Early Autumn

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Bill Hatcher

Andy Volk Caused This ;-) Early Autumn

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Andy Volk posted a very nice arrangement of this beautiful song "Early Autumn". i got to thinking about the song and decided to record my own version of it. just the melody out of tempo to show how great a song it is for the lap steel guitar. there are lots of recordings of the song on youtube and different interpretations of the melody.

i highly recommend andys arrangement as it lays well for lap steel. there are so many chords to this song and the bridge is very interesting.

here is mine. https://soundcloud.com/bill-hatcher/ear ... -lap-steel
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

Bravo! That was flat out beautiful, Bill. Those moving inner voices are so cool!

That whole step parallel motion in the [A] section is similar to songs like How High the Moon and Call Me. I believe it stems back to 19th century classical music of the Romantic era. Very inspiring performance.
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
David Weisenthal

Post by David Weisenthal »

Very nicely done Mr Bill, very clean version. I listened to this at 5:00 a.m. drinking my coffee.👍☕️
Tim Toberer

Post by Tim Toberer »

It is a rainy, gloomy morning here in Omaha and this tune really captures the mood. Falling leaves, the coming of winter, it is all in there! I see 318 views of this, how can you listen and not say thanks?? By far my favorite part of the SGF are the videos and audios of people playing their music. Thank you to everyone who does this. It's like Christmas every day!
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

I didn't hear anything out of tempo. That was right in the pocket and beautifully done and well thought out. You should go int business. R.
Rich Arnold

Post by Rich Arnold »

I didn't hear anything out of tempo. That was right in the pocket, beautifully done and well thought out. You should go into the music business. R.
Miles Lang

Post by Miles Lang »

That’s beautiful. The melody reminds me of Django’s song “Anouman”
Santo Fan Club - from the island of Coney to the sands of Rockaway

Jill Martini & The Shrunken Heads

All aloha, all the time