Steel Players on ACL Country on Circle TV

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Overstreet

Steel Players on ACL Country on Circle TV

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Been watching a lot of these ACL repeats from the 80s, 90s...got to see some of our steel player friends working in this era.

Last night, it was Tammy Wynette with Michael Douchette [RIP] with the blue Franklin and John Conlee with Steve Hinson on the black Emmons.

A treat to see these guys in these old shows. I had no idea, or had forgotten how broad a musical scope these players have on multiple instruments.

Michael smokin' the guitar and harp along with the pedal steel and Steve killing it on the Tele and dobro along with pedal steel.

Great to revisit these players with these fine artists.
Steve Hinson

...Thanks,Jerry!

Post by Steve Hinson »

Jerry,

Thank you for the kind words!That was a fun day-they weren't on the same episode, but Rosanne Cash and the"Cherry Bombs"taped ACL the same day we did-first time I ever heard of Vince Gill-he played guitar and sang just as good then(1983)as he does now!

Sure miss Mike...he went in the hospital with COVID right when I got out...he never came out...he was a great musician and I loved him.

Best,
SH
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Wonder if that Rosanne and Cherry Bombs show is being aired on these recent repeats. Like to see that.

Also, is that you on those Jimmy Bowen shows?
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Jerry Overstreet wrote:Wonder if that Rosanne and Cherry Bombs show is being aired on these recent repeats. Like to see that.

Also, is that you on those Jimmy Bowen shows?
I've never seen the RC segment...it was great watching them tape it!That band was unbelievable!

Yes,I'm on the Jimmy Bowen shows and have been for 7 or 8 seasons...

SH