Hex tuners?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Rettig

Hex tuners?

Post by Roger Rettig »

Where can one buy these? I can't imagine that they're exclusively made for steel guitars. Are they a hardware-store item? I know that there are known sources, but sometimes a 'minimum order' is applied.

Does anyone know the right thread for an Emmons LeGrande?

As a 'PS', I have to admit to a bit of a faux pas! I was rejigging a pull on my RKR and found it wouldn't tune up afterwards. The bottom B on E9 refused to drop to an A - close, but not close enough. :)

Can you believe what I'd done?? Instead of putting on a spacer then the threaded-hex, I had somehow put TWO threaded ones on the same rod.

I don't know if that's what caused the issue, but it's fixed now. :)
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=282807

Try this guy. I haven't seen a post from him in a while but at one time he had a ton of these available.

FYI, Emmons pull rods are .109 or 7/64 in. and the threaded rod portion is #5-40.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Thanks, Jerry!
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

FWIW, I put a SIT .038 "Power wound" string on my LaGrande and all timing and stop adjustments flew out the window. Whatever makes it a power wound, must be the culpret. I'm thinking possibly a thicker core? Ron
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

FWIW, I put a SIT .038 "Power wound" string on my LaGrande and all timing and stop adjustments flew out the window. Whatever makes it a power wound, must be the culpret. I'm thinking possibly a thicker core? Ron
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »