Roy Peterman

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Barry Yasika

Roy Peterman

Post by Barry Yasika »

Lots of people know Roy Peterman. I saw him with “the Kramer Brothers“ a few weeks ago, and Roy has been playing steel with them for several years now. He’s playing his Emmons Legrand through a quilter amp (as far as I could tell) and he really sounded good. He and the fiddle player were locked in on quite a few tough licks together. I’ve seen Roy before, but never in this band. I gotta hand it to them all they sounded like pros then again that’s what they are all about. Great sounding traditional band.
Emmons
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Barry, I used to see Roy at Tommy Vollmer's steel jams in Hamburg, Pa. Roy is not only a great steel player, he's as nice a guy as you'll ever meet.
Sure miss trying to steal licks from him! R.I.P. Tom Vollmer, you were a true friend.
Barry Yasika

Roy

Post by Barry Yasika »

Hi Ben, He really is a great player. I met him once but I don't really know him, I see him around more than anything. Hope your well.
Emmons
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Great to see my 'ol buddy Roy still out there giggin'..!! One of my road-warrior pals from the 70s and 80s, Roy and I were both members of the unofficial, Steel-Man / Tour Bus Driver Club.

Roy is a really great player and a really good guy..!!

It sure would be good to see and hear you again one of these days Roy. And for that matter, you also Ben.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Tiny and Roy, if you get tired of that snow and cold up in N.Y and Pa., come on down to Florida. I would love to see you both.
Rob Segal

Post by Rob Segal »

Roy's a fine player and a true gentleman. I've had the pleasure of getting to know him at the Vollmer jams over the last years; I always learn something listening to him.
Rob Segal
Roy Peterman

Post by Roy Peterman »

Thanks so much for posting this Barry, I appreciate the very kind words. I hope to see you once again!

Ben, I sure miss seeing you at the jams. I hope you are doing well in sunshine land!

Tiny, I remember playing a showcase show when you were with Gene and I was with Stampley. What a great player you are! You are on my bucket list to come and see you pick once again. Road warriors we were, for sure, although I don't miss driving a bus. LOL!

Rob, you are a true gentleman and it's a pleasure to know you and big plus to know you are a woodworker, too!

Thanks so much you guys!
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Roy that wooden amp stand that you gave me is awesome! It's always in my truck. I use it everywhere but at home. It's such a simple design that it's ingenius. Thank you!