Steel Player for Jerry Lee Lewis

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Raines

Steel Player for Jerry Lee Lewis

Post by Frank Raines »

was on utube and heard jerry lee take on the song Sunday Morning Coming Down great steel being played on it Does anyone know who played steel on it? I and some others kinda favor his take best of the song esp. at his age, wonder what kind of effects the guy was using ? who ever it was played some great steel on the recording
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

1974 Sho Bud "The Professional"; 2017 Show Pro D 10; BJS Bar "John Hughey"; Goodrich Steel Driver III; Live Steel Strings
Frank Raines

Steeler for Jerry Lee

Post by Frank Raines »

Thanks Alex for the post, He played great back up threw out the song to Jerry`s singing and it was just Great to hear how soulful he was playing. Ya know am not the only one that caught his playing, he played on a Tribute put on by Emmylou Harris in 1999?? For MY all time great favorite Gram Parsons he played great steel on it. there also a post on the forum by Derek Duplessie dated 2 Dec.2012 asking the same question How does he do it, even bOb chime in with a lot of other forum members glad to know others caught the same thing I did in his playing now I have to go back to the Volume pedal, theres a lot of info on the forum about him, knew I hear that sound before thanks again Alex, frank
Joachim Kettner

another question

Post by Joachim Kettner »

He can't be seen, but clearly heard and he plays great. Who can this be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT94H00gusY
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Med Davis?