3 Shows in Texas, Oct 20-22

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim Cohen

3 Shows in Texas, Oct 20-22

Post by Jim Cohen »

I'll be returning to Texas next month for 3 shows with the Ronstadt Revue. On all 3, we'll have John Beland with us, former guitarist in Linda Ronstadt's band and a former Flying Burrito Brother. Not only is John a fabulous musician, but he tells delightful and often hilarious stories about his time on the road with Linda.

If you are nearby any of these locations, please come and see us. Locations are near San Antonio, Dallas & Houston:

Friday, Oct 20th - Brauntex Theater, New Braunfels, TX. https://ci.ovationtix.com/35342/pr/1159 ... rlay=false

Saturday, Oct 21st - New Granbury Live, Granbury, Tx. https://buy.ticketstothecity.com/purcha ... e_id=48076

Sunday, Oct 22nd - Main Street Crossing, Tomball, Tx.
https://mainstreetcrossing.com/artist-p ... t-tribute/
Jon Jaffe

Post by Jon Jaffe »

I hope you have a comfortable ride. And are flying into San Antonio and out from Houston. :D

Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I know, Jon. 4 hour legs each day. And, to save on travel costs, we're flying into and out of Houston. But we arrive a day early so we can take our time on the first leg getting to New Braunfels. Hope to get in early enough to visit the Riverwalk, which I haven't seen in years. You & Shelly wanna come to the Brauntex show? Would be great to see yas.
Last edited by Jim Cohen on 2 Oct 2023 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

That schedule reminds me of when I was on the road with Gary P. Nunn. :lol:

I remember one birthday weekend I decided to see Jimmy Day play with Price at Gruene Hall in New Braunfels. Jimmy lived in neighboring town of Buda and told him "it must be great finally doing a local gig, right :)" He answered me back " this ain't no local gig, man." :(

Thing was, Jimmy was doubling as Ray's bus driver for extra bucks. So for this gig he had to drive from his home in Buda (15 mi south of Austin) to Ray's north Texas ranch in Mt. Pleasant TX, about 325 mi, to pick up Ray and the bus. Then drive 350 miles to New Braunfels to play the gig. Then return Ray and the bus to Mt. Pleasant, and then drive his car back to Buda. Probably about 1500 +/- miles total driving.

I'm not exaggerating, that's what Jimmy told me the gig was. I think he got an extra $300 for all the driving.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Herb Steiner wrote:... Probably about 1500 +/- miles total driving...I think he got an extra $300 for all the driving.
Ai-yi-yi! :roll:

We gonna see you & Sharon in Brauntex, yah, Herb?
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

We'll damn sure try to make it. I'll be coming off a 3-day Gary P. mini-tour and Sharon will be returning from a 18-day trip to Iceland. We may be tired out, but as long as the cricks don't rise... 8)

(And the cricks ain't rose around here for quite awhile, it seems.)
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Herb Steiner wrote: I'll be coming off a 3-day Gary P. mini-tour...
You gonna be playing with him on Oct 18 at Main Street Crossing in Tomball, Herb? We're there on the 22nd. Don't eat all the snacks! :lol: