Bob Snelgrove

Supro Value

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Any idea what this mint Supro is worth?

thx

bob
Robert Murphy

Post by Robert Murphy »

Nice. Sometimes certain lap steel guitars are on the must have list and some languish for no reason. $600 for a start.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Robert Murphy wrote:Nice. Sometimes certain lap steel guitars are on the must have list and some languish for no reason. $600 for a start.
Thanks, not sure what happened to the legs!
Tom Snook

Post by Tom Snook »

Or the name plate?
Aloha
I wanna go back to my little grass shack........
Chris Harwood

Post by Chris Harwood »

I bought a nice Supro Comet last winter for $150 plus $35 shipping. I bought basically because I thought it was a pretty low price. .but they're out there. I'd say the 4-600 for minty would be today's pricing. The missing logo might knock off $100 to purists.
National Grand Console dbl 8, Oahu Diana, Supro Comet and about 20 various elec gtrs and basses.
Complete audio/video studio with i9 processor and 32Gig DDR5 Ram w/all solid state drives. Presonus Studio One (current version) with top of the line plugins from Omnisphere to Eventide.
Over 500 videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
Noah Miller

Post by Noah Miller »

$4-600 is about the going rate for this model; I'd say 4-5 in this condition. As with any reasonably common model, it can take some time to find the right buyer. 150 would be an outrageously good deal for any Supro in original, working condition.
Chris Harwood

Post by Chris Harwood »

Noah Miller wrote:$4-600 is about the going rate for this model; I'd say 4-5 in this condition. As with any reasonably common model, it can take some time to find the right buyer. 150 would be an outrageously good deal for any Supro in original, working condition.
Yeah...I wasn't really looking but for the price of a happy meal for a carload of kids...it was impulse territory.
The above does look VERY nice.
National Grand Console dbl 8, Oahu Diana, Supro Comet and about 20 various elec gtrs and basses.
Complete audio/video studio with i9 processor and 32Gig DDR5 Ram w/all solid state drives. Presonus Studio One (current version) with top of the line plugins from Omnisphere to Eventide.
Chris Harwood

Post by Chris Harwood »

I also especially like the Supro headstock. While not a straight string pull, it has a nice clean run from the nut to the tuners...especially the 5th and 2nd strings. That's unlike many other 6 strings...even some other Valco made.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

So, how do these sound compared to others from this era?

bob
Noah Miller

Post by Noah Miller »

Bob Snelgrove wrote:So, how do these sound compared to others from this era?

bob
It's the same 23" scale and same string-through pickup that most Valco steels had in the '50s/'60s. Similarly bright and slightly raw tone.