Bill & Tim Rudolph: Williams Guitars

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

HowardR wrote:
Anthony Campbell wrote:Looks great!

Where did you get that big wheel tuning wrench? Are they even made anymore?
There was a fellow who used to sell them here on the forum....I haven't seen them here in years......I imagine if you did a search you could find that information.....I bought one years ago and yes, they're great....
Before Michael Yahl took a sabatical, he used to sell larger diameter tuning wrenches, with very sophisticated carved interiors just like sporty car alloy wheels. They are very cool.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Marshall

The amusing part about that artwork is that we can see 'Outfit #3' clearly on the label.

Set #3 only provided enough parts to build the most basic models and certainly not that massive dockside crane. 'Dad' looks proudly on as his two sons reveal their flair for engineering and a 'proper job'.

It's a bit idealistic, but I recall my vision of America as a boy was shaped by the full-colour advertising in National Geographic (in the Doctor's waiting room). The USA appeared to be a magic land where everyone had a fridge loaded with food; tough on us in post war austerity. Cars were enormous with gleaming chrome and whitetails and trains were streamline, shiny and brightly coloured and were depicted racing across spectacular scenery.

Now I'm an American I have sincerely sworn allegiance but, while I love it here, it's not quite like it was portrayed. :)

I'm loving the Alumitone now - no regrets. I'm still tweaking pulls a little bit and have concluded what most of you here already know- you can't have it all because we only have two knees. :)
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Paul Redmond

Post by Paul Redmond »

I mentioned in a prior post that Bill uses a 2-part polyurethane. I think I was wrong on that. I think it is a 2-part polyester instead. Maybe Bill will jump in here on the subject.
PRR
Don Mogle

Williams

Post by Don Mogle »

Beautiful guitar. Love the color, rope inlays, and wood neck. I bet it has a Sho~Bud sound to it. Does it??