Who Is The Steel Guitarist?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Lee Baucum

Who Is The Steel Guitarist?

Post by Lee Baucum »

A song with the title "Pedal Steel"!

Anyone know who the steel guitarist is? Maybe two, one for the audio and one for the video.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=394426

~Lee
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

Shane Frame?
Dennis Lee

Pedal Steel

Post by Dennis Lee »

Damn good song, damn good singer, damn good playing....and, an Emmons SD-10. Doesn't get better than that. I really like this young lady and her voice.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

I sent Amanda Kate a message:

"Being a Pedal Steel player(I'm Ricky Davis); I have to say; this is a great written song about the real passions in life, WE LIVE. It was Music; that saved my life 8 years ago when I woke up after 7 days of ICU and a friend brought my Dobro in my brain hospital room and laid it on my chest and strummed it and I asked "What is that sound"?? he said: "Ricky Its your Hawaiian steel and you play all steel guitars in music and that's why you are here; so get better as we want to hear you again play on".

Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

"Let the world peddle gold
I'll pedal steel"

Somebody should put that on a T-shirt, I'd buy one.
Many play better than I do. Nobody has more fun.
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Great post Ricky,

I've been taking Turmeric ever since you recommendation after your accident.

My daughter moved to Austin this year and lives next store to the Broken Spoke in one of those big apartment buildings, ugh! But she loves it.

Unfortunately, the first month there she was going to work on a Sunday morning as a lactation consultant and on the elevator going down to the garage level it went into free fall for a few floors. She was trapped for two hours and finally was resqued, thank god she wasn't closterphobic, but has severe whiplash and has been in therapy. She is doing well and her job is physical, but it reminds me of your situation and also your other job with therapy.
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Thanks Craig for the supporting words. So sorry about that incident your daughter had....NO-FUN!!! and yes great therapy is ALWAYS ICE; but Turmeric will continue to help keep inflammation down in all the areas in life.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

One of the beauties of the steel is, that when somewhat infirmed, and hand ability comes into question, a nice strum tuning is good to easily play and keeps one connected to the instrument we love.
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5