Thanks for the Acceptance. New to this Instrument ZB D11

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Goad

Thanks for the Acceptance. New to this Instrument ZB D11

Post by David Goad »

Good Day All. I have recently entered this wonderful world of pedal steel guitar. I have purchased a ZB Custom D-11. 10 x 3. It needs some work but I am up for the challenge. It is SN. 1111. I can tell that some of the pedal rod mechanisms are stiff but I have heard that many times, this is normal for these. I am looking for a Changer Rod diagram for both the C6 and the E9 necks. I would really appreciate any assistance on this guitar if possible. Thanks to all in advance. DG.

Last edited by David Goad on 16 Sep 2023 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Magram

Post by Dave Magram »

David,

You might want to look here first--at over 120 webpages, probably the longest thread on the SGF...

"ZB Pedal Steel Guitars - Please help!"
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35915

You also might consider putting "ZB guitars" in the title of your thread. (Yes, you can edit thread titles after they have been created.)

- Dave
David Goad

Post by David Goad »

Thanks Dave. :)
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

I can tell you this. Serial #1111 Was invoiced on Feb. 2nd, 1968 to none other than Bobby Garrett. It was built by Zane in Scranton Arkansas. Bet it sounds great!!! Thats quite a find!!

Greg
David Goad

Post by David Goad »

Wow, thanks Greg. I also know that at one time it was used in Reverend Horton Heat's band as well. 😁