Match Box?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tom Sosbe

Match Box?

Post by Tom Sosbe »

Found this in a box of parts. What is it? What does it do? How much is it worth? Looks like it has a adapter added.
Thanks
Tom
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Basically it's a buffer. One of the early models. The price varies but I have bought used ones for $40.00 and less. Seen some advertised for 60.00 which I feel is too high since there are improved models from Goodrich, but far more expensive.
Tom Sosbe

Post by Tom Sosbe »

thanks Larry
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Looks like the original Model 60 so named when they started in Michigan. I had one of the very first ones.

Larry is, of course, correct about it's use.

The adpater you refer to is something someone added aftermarket. I'm guessing is to route and stablilize the cable for the output there? The knob there is the tone control.

Have no idea about value really. I would guess you could buy or sell one in good working condition for way under a hunnert dollars. Maybe search the forum classifieds under Match Box Model 60.
Tom Sosbe

Post by Tom Sosbe »

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just put it back in the box somebody might need it someday.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I still have one on the steel now. I also use the later advanced version and or a black box.