Palousek tabs

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Richard Steppy

Palousek tabs

Post by Richard Steppy »

Does anyone know if there are tabs available for the Steve Palousek instructional DVDs/VHS? I'm working through them and tabbing them out and it's slow going. I bought them from him a couple of years ago but now I can't find a working website link.
Update: I've decided to tab them out, I know I'll be glad I did it when I'm done. The guitar I have has a new to me copedent that this work is helping solidify. I originally thought I'd blaze through these but there's just too much great stuff.
Back at it!
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Good luck Richard. Steve is a monster player and I can't imagine tabbing out his music. Please post what you have done, or provide a link. Thanks.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

I took a stab at a Palousek C6 YouTube a while back: fugeddaboutit! WAY too fast, both right and left hand.
Richard Steppy

Post by Richard Steppy »

LOL! He actually talks through the tab, but for me it's slow going. As he talks I have to play along and then write it down so there's a lot of rewinding/replaying/rewriting/repeating going on. I'm also writing down the time on the DVD (most of the time) so I can find the tab again when I need it. I like my hard copy for metronome work. I WISH I'd got ahold of this stuff when I was young.