Have you seen this steel?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Lipsey

Have you seen this steel?

Post by Steve Lipsey »

I regret letting it go...traced it to Hugo Knef, who sold it about 5 years ago off-forum (I believe) to someone in Ojai, CA....if you've seen it, let me know...maybe it can come home again...
Williams 400 or 600 (not sure) Sunburst S-10 3x5 with pad

www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck
Tommy Auldridge

Williams

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Steve: You sold that steel guitar to me, and I traded it for an S-10 P/P Emmons. With Mark Shuda. Thanks, Tommy.....
Last edited by Tommy Auldridge on 2 Sep 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Tommy-
Yeah, it went through a few folks before leaving the Forum community...and I'd guess that your replacement for it is a good one! But I somehow bonded with the Willy...
www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Steve. You are a brother from a different mother.

I once had a baritone weissenborn made. I tried to sell it to forum member HowardR, but he refused. I sold it to someone else. Then HowardR bought it from the person I sold it to and I bought it back from him. I then sold it to someone else. Wonder where that thing is now. :)

Don't mind me. My Willians D10 arrives tomorrow and I'm just killing time until then.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

Is there such a thing as seller's remorse? I miss a trombone I wish I'd kept....
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs