TT 15 in Evans amp

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Kowalik

TT 15 in Evans amp

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Has anyone in Forumland put a TT 15 in an Evans SE200/300 or a Nashville 400? If so, did you like the tone?
Dale McPherson

Post by Dale McPherson »

I put a TT15 in a Peavey LTD400. I like the TT15 but took it back out and put the original BW back in. I think it souded better.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

I tried a TT15 in a Webb amp hoping to lighten the load of the JBL K130. I spent some time dialing it in and used it for a few shows.
The TT15 is not a "bad" speaker, but I had to dial down the honky mids and crank the highs on the amp to get any semblance of the smoothness and clarity I'm used to. The TT15's highs - all Eminence neo speakers in fact - ditch entirely above 3kHz, more than an octave below the top end of the JBL speakers, and the TT15 had a pronounced honky midrange bump that did not please my ear.
While it didn't serve my needs, I can see why some steelers would like it. With proper eq the heavy mids and vanishing highs can help to fatten the sound of the E9 top end while simultaneously hiding pick noise and general high-frequency string clatter.
If you're not already accustomed to the sound of JBL or BW you might be very happy with the TT15, and seven pounds lighter is still a decent spec.
Marty Holmes

Evan's amp

Post by Marty Holmes »

I have one in my 82'fet large cab and it sounds Amazing in every aspect and the speaker definitely curves the highs on an amp.you will love it.