G&L Broadcaster electric guitar

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Dan Cooper

G&L Broadcaster electric guitar

Post by Dan Cooper »

There were only 869 of these guitars produced. This one is from 1986, I believe. Some of the paint is chipped off, as you can see from the photos. I changed out the pickups for Rio Grands, but the original pickups will be included. I also replaced the 3-way toggle switch with a new G&L switch as the old one was not making good contact in the neck position. I purchased this guitar in December 2009. If you care about this kind of thing, Leo Fender signed the neck pocket on all of these, although I never removed the neck to verify this. It's a beautifully made guitar. $2200 + shipping. Thank you for looking.
Steven Meister

Post by Steven Meister »

Very Nice!
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Steven, It is! It’s not ideal for my big hand, but I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t sell! Thank you for your comment!
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

I had one just like this, and at the time I was going to sell it for much less than it was actually worth until
I discovered that Leo Fender signed the neck pocket on every guitar....I did take it off to see, and yes it was signed..
wish I'd taken a picture of it but that was kinda before cell phones with easy camara access. Oh and the reason there were
only a certain amount produced was that CBS Gretch sued G and L for using the name Broadcaster which Leo owned before he sold
the company..I believe the name Broadcaster changed to Stratocaster..but anyways
Old Emmons D-10's & Wrap Resound 65, Standel amps!
Old Gibson Mastertones
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Hi George,
No, they changed the name to Telecaster! My first electric was a brand new red 1969 Fender Mustang. I then went to a Les Paul but ended up playing Teles for the last 25 years. Cheers!
Dan
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

8) Ah yes Tele.. had a fifty fifty chance
Our lead player also bought one in 1985 in Nashville
When we were in the finals of the Wild Turkey Battle of the bands
Very good guitar !
Old Emmons D-10's & Wrap Resound 65, Standel amps!
Old Gibson Mastertones