Emmons Resound 65

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Allen Howington

Emmons Resound 65

Post by Allen Howington »

Just curious as to what happened to the two postings on this steel guitar forum (under Steel Guitars for sale) where owners were trying to sell their new steels/positions on the Emmons Resound 65 waiting list.....I couldn't even search and find the listings, it's like someone just removed the entire listings...didn't know that could happen ????????
Tommy Auldridge

Emmons ReSound 65

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Allen: I think that was Al Brisco who was on the waiting list, and must have changed his mind for some reason. but anyway, I have no idea why or how the whole post disappeared. I also, didn't know that could happen. Tommy.....
Tony Edwards

emmons

Post by Tony Edwards »

Allen,

If someone has made a post and there are no replies to that post, the person who made it can delete it. There are hundreds or even thousands of posts on this forum that could be removed or deleted if the person who posted would just hit delete. I have done it many times.

Tony
CLR Custom SD10 Pedal Steel; Telonics 500-B Combo w/ TT 15"; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bar; Hoffmeyer Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

moderator can also delete your post if asked as well , regardless if there was any replies …
Allen Howington

curious

Post by Allen Howington »

Just thought it curious that both deleted were about Emmons Resound 65
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I think such offers are quite legitimate and accepted by the Company. Circumstances can change for any of us and a Resound is a considerable outlay. Their reasons for pulling out could be unrelated to the cost, too.

I think Al Brisco's order was for a D-10 and this week's offer for an SD-10. I suppose these folks are just 'selling' their place on the waiting list.

In my experience, most deposits are non-refundable (certainly the case with the Williams I'm awaiting) and this is an acceptable alternative.

I can't think why the post should have been removed, though; it's not contentious in any way.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Kenny Martin sold his place in line.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I can tell anyone this. I got to see and play the Resound for first time tonight. It was Casey Martins guitar. The workmanship is just out of this world. Every corner and every piece of guitar is perfect. The guitar plays better than almost any all pull I’ve ever played. The pedals and levers are easy and very positive. The underside is beautiful and the tone is as good as it gets.
The Emmons guys got a hit for sure.if I rated the guitar from 1 to 10, it would be a 12. I was really impressed.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Yes, those new Emmons are being built
correctly with no cheap cost cutting materials going in on. They know exactly what they are doing. Great build, great classic Emmons sound. Bravo.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Agreed!!!

I want one, but it's a tough 'sell' here at home. "Why another steel? You've retired now!"

:(

PS: I'd want a black D10 with a red belly. :)
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
Tab Tabscott

I ordered one

Post by Tab Tabscott »

A black d10 w/9/7.

The last time I got a brand new PP was 1977. My dear mother bought it for me to insure I would finish high school. I did. Now I have like 6 or 7 degrees from good schools. I walked away from all that schooling and now I am a general contractor who plays steel on the side. Life is good.
Tab Tabscott

Play nice.

They is none else.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Tab,
You're lucky.
When I was contracting, I didn't have time to mess with my steel! :whoa:
Erv
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

I think a lot of the “flippers” have ads removed as not to disclose a price that may have been paid.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

Roger Rettig wrote:Agreed!!!

I want one, but it's a tough 'sell' here at home. "Why another steel? You've retired now!"

:(

PS: I'd want a black D10 with a red belly. :)
I'm retired as well..you only go this way once..do it :)

(PS: Worth the wait)...

Old Emmons D-10's & Wrap Resound 65, Standel amps!
Old Gibson Mastertones
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I'm convinced.

It's Mrs. Rettig who doesn't see it like you and I.

:)
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

Howdy George

Looks like you've got that new "ReSound 65" going into your Standel combo amp.

'sure bet that's a killer set-up!

Regards -

Ron
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

Roger Rettig wrote:I'm convinced.

It's Mrs. Rettig who doesn't see it like you and I.

:)
hah hah, I've guess I've got a different deal...she don't ask and I don't tell :lol:
Old Gibson Mastertones
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

Ron Funk wrote:Howdy George

Looks like you've got that new "ReSound 65" going into your Standel combo amp.

'sure bet that's a killer set-up!

Regards -

Ron
maybe this reply is topic drift..the Standel Custom 83LV15 is arguably the finest sounding pedal steel amp I've ever played thru....and was made in 1962..so in my opinion the ultimate steel guitar tone had been acheived years ago..the old Emmons push/pull instruments and the old Standels...(very satisfied in the tone department)..( even though the resound is a retro reverse engineered guitar...it has "it")
Old Gibson Mastertones
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

George Seymour wrote:..so in my opinion the ultimate steel guitar tone had been acheived years ago..the old Emmons push/pull instruments and the old Standels...(very satisfied in the tone department)..( even though the resound is a retro reverse engineered guitar...it has "it")
Couldn't agree more, George! Maybe that's why I have six of em? :eek:
I'm sticking with the Marlens, but I look forward to the chance to play one of these new Emmons guitars.
George Seymour

Post by George Seymour »

Brett Lanier wrote:
George Seymour wrote:..so in my opinion the ultimate steel guitar tone had been acheived years ago..the old Emmons push/pull instruments and the old Standels...(very satisfied in the tone department)..( even though the resound is a retro reverse engineered guitar...it has "it")
Couldn't agree more, George! Maybe that's why I have six of em? :eek:
I'm sticking with the Marlens, but I look forward to the chance to play one of these new Emmons guitars.
More topic drift…..Owen Duffy the new owner of Standel has assured me he can replicate the 83L…I don’t have six but would like two😀
The wrap design is indeed a stout sounding push pull, ya need a time to live with one.. I’ve got some good guitars and enjoying the music scene around here😊
Old Gibson Mastertones