KSGA 2023 show - Baxter Springs KS - cancellation notice

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael McGee

KSGA 2023 show - Baxter Springs KS - cancellation notice

Post by Michael McGee »

I had a very recent phone conversation with my dear friend Lee Ogle, president of the Kansas Steel Guitar Association. He is currently having computer problems and is unable to log onto the forum.

He granted me permission to post that, with sadness, after much deliberation, due to multiple factors, the October 2023 KSGA show in Baxter Springs, Kansas has been cancelled. Future shows are an uncertainty as of this date.

I am posting this at Lee's request as a favor to my friend. I was not involved in this decision and cannot answer any questions.

Lee stated to me that he would be glad to answer any questions by forum members regarding this cancellation by using this forum's Private Message system to "pm" Lee. He expects to be back on line soon.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

That's sad to hear. We looked forward to this show and seeing it terminated is a big loss to me and the steel guitar community. Sadly these shows are drying up too often. Thanks Mike for passing this along.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I sure hate the show has been cancelled as well. I had been there the last two years and sure enjoyed the music and fellowship. Maybe next year it will back on schedule.
Tony Tipton

Post by Tony Tipton »

I’ll miss getting to hang around with Lee and the guys and gals.
Emmons Legrande II D-10 ,Nashville 112, Goodrich L 120, Lil' Izzy, a homemade seat, delay pedal, BJS bar, Dunlop .013, and a red thumb pick
Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Oh man, that’s heartbreaking! It’s always such a great group of pickers and friends that get together in Baxter Springs. We’ve always had such an amazing time down there!

Casey
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"