I haven't posted in nine years.

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Brian Hunter

I haven't posted in nine years.

Post by Brian Hunter »

Sold my steel gear years ago and just played regular old loud guitar that I had already been doing since I was a kid but I am thinking about playing some steel again. Nice to be back.
Brian
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Good to have you back! Get a steel and start pickin’ again asap.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

It is the way. :lol:

Many guitarists, including myself, go through very similar crises. I am one of the few who actually made a conscious decision to stop playing guitar gigs years ago in order to get my lap steel playing together. Imagine that? I used to have a pretty nice career. BUT I am extremely happy and inspired almost every time I play. Learn how to play to the point there are few obstacles to your expression and then just follow the path of your own muse. This could take a while, so be patient.
Derrick Simon

Post by Derrick Simon »

Mike Neer wrote:It is the way. :lol:

I am extremely happy and inspired almost every time I play. Learn how to play to the point there are few obstacles to your expression and then just follow the path of your own muse. This could take a while, so be patient.
I can totally relate to those words of wisdom.
I've been a guitarist forever, but last month got my first lap steel.
Guitar has been put on hold.
I now play my lap steel daily, unravelling its mystery.
Most importantly,I am following my muse to get me to the point where I can articulate what the universe wants me to say with this instrument.