New section - for builders of all types of steel guitars

For people who build steel guitars

Moderator: J D Sauser

Susie Fine

Growler Steel Guitars

Post by Susie Fine »

Hi All, Susie, Jimmie Hudson and myself (Kelly Cornwell) are building 6 string (2 pedals 2 Knees), 10 strings (3 pedals 4 knees) steel guitars in North Carolina. We are taking orders and have 80 guitars, (red Mika, black Mika, and Natural curly maple and stained black cherry to name a few) and we are looking at briniging back the resonator Steel guitars. If you have any Questiions or would like to place and order check out the website Growlersteelguitars.com, we look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for all the support from the community, it has been overwhelming. Have a blessed day and play it like you stole it. LOL
Jacobus De Bruyn

Electro Steel Guitar

Post by Jacobus De Bruyn »

Hi JD
I didn't scrap your idea with the pitch controller as yet.
I am in the process to design a completely different concept to change the string pitch that seems like nobody has thought of yet. One of the changes in the new concept will be to have one pick-up for each string. I already tested two separate pick-ups with two strings in my mock-up, and it seems to work fine. That lines up with your pitch controller idea. You can only change a pitch of one string, if you go that direction.
JD Do you have an pitch controller in mind. If I ever use a pitch controller it will be used as a add on pitch correction only.

One of the advantages of one pick-up per string is that you can easily balance the tone of all strings, as well as keep the strings ringing for longer. Will see how it play out.

Steel Guitars were never up-graded and I think it's time to do as this wonderful instrument is dying out.

Regards Jacques (JDB)
Jacobus De Bruyn

Electro Pedal Steel Build

Post by Jacobus De Bruyn »

Will be interesting to know what he did.