Phase shifter

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Phaser isn't important enough to me to dedicate a huge amount of real estate for one. But I know what I don't like. So my goal is to find a unit that I like well enough that is also compact. In addition to the two I've already mentioned above, I just acquired this and added it to one of my boards (replacing the larger T-Rex). I haven't gigged it yet but I do like it well enough, so far.

Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Jon - Does that Mooer overdrive the signal, or is it pretty clean?

~Lee
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Lee -- it's quite clean. I had come to believe that some grind was just the nature of the beast but this does not go dirty. It does seem to add a bit of gain to the signal so it might overdrive an amp or preamp input that was on the edge.
It's also got a lot of tweakable parameters that, for my purposes, are next to useless. Sounds that don't interest me at all. But I hoped that all of that control would give me the best shot at finding the simple sounds I sought. Turns out that I found them within 3 minutes. Youtube demos are everything for me, lately. Some studying on them and I've got a pretty good idea of whether a device is going to give me what I want and how to dial it in.
Karl Paulsen

Post by Karl Paulsen »

Just wanted to update my previous comments. Nothing sonically wrong with my Behringer, but it was very big and not a great fit for the compact way I'd built my board to both fit in a case and have 2 levels. Worked out a local deal for a Small Stone Nano and a DD-7 (been wanting a boss digital delay) recently.

Haven't directly A/B'd them but I didn't notice any tonal difference when I swapped them out. Nano is much better sized so it stays, but that the two seemed identical sounding did raise my esteem for the Behringer even more than before. Both pedals highly recommended.
Nickel and Steel. Sad Songs and Steel Guitar.
https://www.facebook.com/NickelandSteel

Chicago Valley Railroad. Trainspotting and Bargain Hunting...
https://chicagovalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/