Cheap case for Carter starter?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Farrell

Cheap case for Carter starter?

Post by David Farrell »

Hi friends,

I have a Carter Starter with no case.

Does anyone know where I can get a case or even a gig gag for it?

I'd prefer something light, small & cheap. In that order, if possible.
Dave

Fender pedal steels, amps & guitars. '73 Sho~Bud PRO 1 CUSTOM. Emmons ReSound'65 S-10 4x5.
Barry Coker

Post by Barry Coker »

Check out somthing like Bass Pro Shop their Tactical rifle and shotgun cases will probably fit also a gigbag for a 43 key keybord will work.

Good Luck
Barry
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!
David Farrell

Post by David Farrell »

Barry Coker wrote:Check out somthing like Bass Pro Shop their Tactical rifle and shotgun cases will probably fit also a gigbag for a 43 key keybord will work.

Good Luck
Barry

Barry,

Thank you.
Dave

Fender pedal steels, amps & guitars. '73 Sho~Bud PRO 1 CUSTOM. Emmons ReSound'65 S-10 4x5.
Bob Sykes

Post by Bob Sykes »

I got a cheap keyboard gig bag. It's too big but will accommodate the large foam blocks I use to sandwich the guitar and separate the leg/pedal/rod bag from the PSG. Lately I've been putting a Rogue lap steel in there too, and it's all still lighter than my SD10 in the case :whoa:

The non-padded bag that comes with the CS makes a great fitting dust/rain cover when set up.
Carters Starter, D10 8+7, SD10
ISO Sustainus Ad Infinitum
Dan Robinson

Post by Dan Robinson »

Hi David. I like using soft cases, and separating the legs/pedal-bar from the body (a.k.a poor man's "split cases"). It's an inexpensive solution, and offers significant weight savings compared to a hard case.

I use a soft soft keyboard case (gig bag, nuthin' fancy) for the guitar body, and a soft tactical shotgun case for the pedal bar, pedal rods and legs ("tactical" owing to the shorter length).

The guitar body is supported in the soft case on some styrofoam blocks (whatever you can scrounge, cut to fit), and padded with 2" foam (found this at Joanne's Fabric store). Hard cardboard corners in the long edges of the case provide addded stiffness and support. It's surprisingly robust.
Charles Petrie

Re: Cheap case for Carter starter?

Post by Charles Petrie »

David Farrell wrote:Hi friends,

I have a Carter Starter with no case.

Does anyone know where I can get a case or even a gig gag for it?

I'd prefer something light, small & cheap. In that order, if possible.
Actually, I know just what you need! I had the same issue with my CS last year and found a perfect and affordable solution. Check out this light stand equipment bag on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M ... =UTF8&th=1

Everything fit in here beautifully and kept it light and easy to carry. Worked great!