ZB Pedal Steel Guitars - Please help!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Wow 1300 posts, who would have thunk it.

Larry Behm
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Bobbe Seymour had a ZB SD10 about the middle of October. Where it is now , I have no idea.
Joe A. Camacho

Post by Joe A. Camacho »

Is there a trick to changing strings on a ZB? My 69 is a complete pain to change the strings on, keeping the string on the pin while winding the string sucks. Thanks.
John Roche

Post by John Roche »

I use a piece of wood that jams behind the pin , this holds the ballend in place while you change the string ,very simple
Brendan Mitchell

Post by Brendan Mitchell »

That's a nice simple solution to a very annoying problem John , I have also struggled with this . Thankyou .
Brendan
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

You can aslo use a piece of styrofoam that they use for corners to ship amplifiers in. I just cut them into a wedge with a razor knife. Handy to have for sure.

My Gosh Joe!!! You got them strings worn out already!!! LOL

Greg
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I am confused. The preceeding pictures of a blue D-10 look almost exactly like my 1969 serial 0154 Bakersfield. Whose is it and what serial number? Thanks.

------------------
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10, BMI S10, 1981 Peavy Musician Mark III, 15 Inch Black Widow, custom enclosure Behringer VAMP2 modeler

Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I am confused. The preceeding pictures of a blue D-10 look almost exactly like my 1969 serial 0154 Bakersfield. Whose is it and what serial number? Thanks.

------------------
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10, BMI S10, 1981 Peavy Musician Mark III, 15 Inch Black Widow, custom enclosure Behringer VAMP2 modeler

Joe A. Camacho

Post by Joe A. Camacho »

Hey Greg, I go through strings pretty quick, the plain ones are great for slicing cheese!
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hello Lyle, I believe that the blue one that you see in the recent pictures is #0127. Than is if my seriously damaged memory and judgement center are operating within normal limits.
Duncan
Duncan Hodge

ZB in eBay

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Happy almost New Year. Just ran across this a couple of days ago http://cgi.ebay.com/Z-B-CUSTOM-PEDAL-ST ... dZViewItem . I looked at this one a couple of years ago when it was still in the posession of Mr. Billy Knowles. It still looks great. I don't need another ZB, I don't need another ZB, I don't need another ZB...Do I?
In any event, it ORANGE. How cool is that?
Duncan
Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

It's super-slick!!! If I had the money I'd snatch it up...it's so damn gorgeous!!!

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"
Bob Mainwaring

Re: ZB in eBay

Post by Bob Mainwaring »

Duncan Hodge wrote:Happy almost New Year. Just ran across this a couple of days ago http://cgi.ebay.com/Z-B-CUSTOM-PEDAL-ST ... dZViewItem . I looked at this one a couple of years ago when it was still in the posession of Mr. Billy Knowles. It still looks great. I don't need another ZB, I don't need another ZB, I don't need another ZB...Do I?
In any event, it ORANGE. How cool is that?
Duncan
I'm pretty sure that you should end up with this one Duncan as no Z.B. owner should be limited to "just" one!! :roll: :roll:

Bob Mainwaring Z.B's and other good things.

P.S. Happy New Year to all pickers n' grinners.
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

I know Bob. In fact I just sold mu ZB D-10 to Joe Camacho and for some strange reason he wants to keep it and now I am down to only one ZB. :cry: I looked at this one a couple of years ago when Mr. Knowles had it. In fact, I have a picture of it before the mechanical restoration. Being the impatient SOB that I am I couldn't wait until he had finished it and, much to my regret, bought something else. The only way that I could swing this one is to sell my ZB SD-10 and then I would be back to having only one ZB. Does anyone have and extra $1,500 lying around after Christmas that they don't know what to do with? Being that I live Florida I am partial to orange steels in general and orange ZBs in particular.
Duncan[/i]
Bob Mainwaring

Post by Bob Mainwaring »

Hey Duncan,
It shouldn't be too hard to beg $1500 "piece by piece" from a few good friends..........the ol' Z.B. wont stay too long :cry:
I'm sure you'll be ending up with it.
Make sure this time that it'll be a keeper!!!! :D

Bob Mainwaring

Z.B's and other sweet things.
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hey Bob. My ZB that Joe bought was a keeper, but a Fulawka jumped in my lap and the only way I could swing it was by selling the D-10. My beautiful and loving wife has decreed, for very good reasons, that I should only have two in the house. In return, our bank accounts are in better shape and I get a whole room to practice in.
Duncan
Bob Mainwaring

Post by Bob Mainwaring »

Well ya' know what? I was always told to keep those "F" words :oops: out/away from home, so with a little humble pie and smiles, I'm sure that your home will be much better off with another Z.B. to prop up the walls............what else is there in the room to get rid of to make room for the extra four rubber clad feet to stand firm and free??

Bob Mainwaring Z.B.'s and other sweet things. :D
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

To all my ZB friends, including the ones who wish I had never heard of a ZB and wish I would just shut up, I wish y'all a very Happy New Year! And to Larry Chung, the man who made this great post necessary, Larry, have Z-Best 2007 imaginable! All my best to you folks.
Duncan
Joe A. Camacho

Post by Joe A. Camacho »

Come on Duncan, pull the trigger on it!
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Happy New Year Joe!
I thought long and hard about that beautiful orange ZB, and I haven't seen too many orange ZBs, but came to the conclusion that I am pretty comfortable with the ZB and Fulawka that I currently have. BTW, thanks for making the purchase of the Fulawka possible. I'd love another D-10 ZB, But I would have had to sell my current SD-10 ZB in order to make the nut. I sold that SD-10 ZB once before and lived to regret it. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to buy it back a year later. At the current time, the two in the hand appear to be better than the one in the bush.
In any event, the orange ZB has been sold. Hopefully it has been sold to a member of the Forum bought it and when I come to my senses I can harass him unmercifully until he finally sells it to me.
Anyway, I do wonder who bought #008 today off the Forum. That should be one sweet ride.
Duncan
Chip McConnell

Post by Chip McConnell »

I've had this S-10 for a few years now. Previously owned by at least 3 Forum members that I am aware of, I don't think its been posted here. 3+4, Serial #0248. Faded to grey and the finish is scuffed up. Emmons style levers put on at some point. Served a few of us very well, thought I'd put it up for posterity. Sounds and plays great.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chip_mcco ... pg&.src=ph
Brendan Mitchell

Post by Brendan Mitchell »

Sweet Chip .
Russ Tkac

Post by Russ Tkac »

Very nice Chip! :)

Russ
Ben Elder

Post by Ben Elder »

Cryin' all over again here, Chip.
Last edited by Ben Elder on 7 Jan 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Me too Ben! :cry:
Dave