Brooks, KY Online Auction -Derby Steel Parts???

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Audette

Brooks, KY Online Auction -Derby Steel Parts???

Post by Ben Audette »

Found this auction online-auction with a bunch of what appears to be Derby steel parts and I wanted to make sure the steel community was a aware so that these parts can get into the right hands! The company is called Lewis Auction (I am not affiliated). Link below

https://hibid.com/catalog/462958/derby- ... ky?q=steel.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Yeah, that's the address.
I had not heard about this or from any of the family recently. Thanks. Looks like they're selling all the equipment too in another listing. Oh Well.... :\ Another time...I don't really understand how this auction works anyhow. All online bidding.

This notice probably belongs in another section though since nothing's really being sold through the forum.
Ben Audette

Post by Ben Audette »

True, I will copy it to the BUILDERS section. I'm not sure how to remove it form here though.
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Pedal Steel is the correct section for this. It doesn't belong in the For Sale sections unless you want to accept the responsibility for the forum finder's fee for using the For Sale sections to steer sales to outside sites (such as auction sites), as per forum rules: https://steelguitarforum.com/agree.html
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to ads on other sites (e.g. EBay, Reverb, Craigslist, etc.) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.
This auction is of general interest to pedal steel players, not just builders. And the same thread should not generally be posted in multiple sections.

If you start a thread in the wrong section, you can delete it if you figure that out before anybody else responds. Otherwise, please just email a moderator and we can move it for you, rather than start a new thread somewhere else.
Derek Puckett

Post by Derek Puckett »

Who ended up wining the auction?