'66 Emmons Push Pull 8&5 Bolt Through

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jeff Kearns

'66 Emmons Push Pull 8&5 Bolt Through

Post by Jeff Kearns »

I have owned this guitar for 30 years. Two years ago I had Buck Reid completely disassemble, clean, and reassemble the entire undercarriage and install new Lawrence 705 pickups at a cost of about $2,000. When I first bought the guitar in the early 90's there was an issue with the original pickups and I sent them to Emmons to be rewound. When they came back I was not happy with how they sounded and I choose to use a set of E-66's for many years. Buck recommended the Lawrence 705's while doing the cleaning and restoration and they sound fantastic. I will include with the guitar the original single coils as well as two Emmons volume pedals and an original Emmons bar. I will ship it in the road case. If you want the original case as well just pay for shipping. Also when I bought the guitar I had Dwayne Marrs make the nylon rod extensions and leg spacers to accommodate my long legs. I am including the original rod ends to bring the guitar back to standard height. Beneath the American flag decal on the back apron is a hole that was drilled to accommodate some kind of pot or switch. I suspect that it was drilled by Tommy Dodd who was the original owner. Rather than filling the hole with a dowel which would be easy to do I just covered it with the decal. This guitar plays great, especially after having Buck work on it and sounds fantastic.

$6,000 plus shipping.

Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Hi Jeff :
Nice Emmons with good History this won’t last long.
Cody Stewart

Post by Cody Stewart »

It’s my opinion that the “Bolt On” is the quintessential push pull tone. They have a very special bell like clarity above the 12 fret. And growl like none other down low. You would be hard pressed to find an another bolt in this condition for such a great price. Whoever gets this, will be one happy camper.
Bolt On’s: Red Belly, Brown Belly, 73 Sho~Bud Pro~II, Fender’s/Peavey’s. If it doesn't sound like 1968, then I probably won’t like it.
Mike Drassler

Bolt On

Post by Mike Drassler »

PM Sent
Pickin, pedaling, and sawing the Holy Trinity of Country Music — steel, fiddle, and tele
Nashville, Tennessee
Emmons, Fender, Quilter, Peavey, and the old family violin
Jeff Kearns

Post by Jeff Kearns »

SOLD LOCALLY. Please close.
Tom Quinn

Post by Tom Quinn »

A good bolton is pretty hard to beat, especially the invoice jobbies...
I need an Emmons!
Jon Zimmerman

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

What Tom says..+ Jeff: I’m glad it’s not going to the shipping goons. 😎
Tom Quinn

Post by Tom Quinn »

Here's my invoice guitar. The body is slightly smaller, has the all-black bobbin pickups of a wraparound and brown felt underneath. I had it rebuilt underneath by Ian in Sacramento. He did a terrific job. Sounds unreal. Nothing can touch it for my ears.

Image [/img]
I need an Emmons!