SOLD - donation coming - 1975 Sho-Bud Pro I - S10 E9 Blonde

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Michael Beggs

SOLD - donation coming - 1975 Sho-Bud Pro I - S10 E9 Blonde

Post by Michael Beggs »

Hi Folks,

I bought this guitar on the forum in late 2020 as my first pedal steel. I've progressed in my learning and now own an Emmons D10 which I play almost exclusively, so it's time to sell the Sho-Bud.

This is a wonderful late 1975 (sn. 9898) Sho-Bud Pro-I, 3x5. Beautiful sounding single-coil pickup, completely replaced all-pull mechanics. This instrument has been sold a couple times on the forum and there have been previous discussions on the forum about whether or not the mechanics are by Duane Marrs (see previous listing here: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=363003.) Whoever made the undercarriage sure knew what they were doing, it's very well made, solid, smooth and reliable. There's lots of flexibility on offer in terms of setup to get any throw / changes you might want. I haven't found it too hard to keep it in tune.

The guitar is double raise / single lower. It comes with a 1" lift kit with extensions for pedals and spacers for the legs (I took that off since I'm not so tall) and optional spring-assisted half stops for RKR and LKV (I took those off too, since I like my E9 simpler, but will include them and can install them if you want). Current set-up is pretty standard Emmons E9, plus RKL 1++, 2+, 6-- and LKV 7-. When I got it it was set up additionally with another LKV lower on 10 (-/-- if half-stop is used) and RKR 9 (-/-- if half-stop is used). I still have all the parts and will include them, I just don't find those changes all that useful so I removed them.

The guitar is in great mechanical and visual shape, and is a pleasure to play. In my experience with nickel strings it's pretty warm-toned. It has the original case and leg bag. The only problem I would report is one or two of the legs tend to slip. If you identify which ones those are you can just use them for the front legs and it's no problem at all. I can't say enough about what a nice instrument this is.

Looking for $2000, buyer to pay shipping (same as what I paid). Not willing to trade. The guitar is currently located near Boulder, CO and local pick-up could be an option. If shipped, it will be very securely packed and shipped by the buyer's choice of FedEx or UPS.

Michael

Last edited by Michael Beggs on 6 Jul 2023 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff Heard

Post by Jeff Heard »

Beautiful guitar!
Some of the parts look like they may be Desert Rose parts.
Michael Beggs

Post by Michael Beggs »

Hey Jeff - Thanks for this information, that's really good to know. My only window into the history of this guitar are the previous posts about it the last two times it was sold on the forum.

Looking some pictures on the Desert Rose website and of other guitars on the forum, I agree that it looks like a match to me. I suppose I could try to check with Chuck Back.
John Reynolds

Pro I

Post by John Reynolds »

PM sent