Johnie King

Quad Cortext

Post by Johnie King »

Has anyone tried this for pedal steel? Thanks
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I looked really hard and almost bought the Quad Core but ended up getting this:

https://www.gregcutshaw.com/ToneX%20Ped ... Pedal.html

Slightly different features but the ToneX is all I use now amongst all my options.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Say what? $1,850? Wow, that's a "w" and an "ow". :o I can't imagine spending that much on an EFX unit unless I'm a pro doing live gigs, and doing it for a living.
Larry Hobson

Quad cortex

Post by Larry Hobson »

Plus tax !
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Danny this unit is not for everyone but some mighty fine pro steel players are really happy with this unit.

It’s not just a effects unit it’s the whole Enchilada.

Donny Hinson wrote:Say what? $1,850? Wow, that's a "w" and an "ow". :o I can't imagine spending that much on an EFX unit unless I'm a pro doing live gigs, and doing it for a living.
Richard Sinkler

Re: Quad cortex

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Larry Hobson wrote:Plus tax !
Depends on where you live. We have no sales tax here in Montana. Even so, that is ridiculously too expensive.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Check with Joe Rogers regarding the Quad Cortex. I think he’s still using his.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Andy Vance

Post by Andy Vance »

Hi Marty! :D

Joe is still using his or was when I saw/talked to him in March although he doesn't use it for fly gigs, he was using something similar but smaller. Joe is a super great guy, I enjoyed meeting and talking to him and I'm sure he would answer any questions anyone had on the Quad Cortex.

Andy
John Larson

Post by John Larson »

If price is an issue I'd look at a Line 6 Helix first. At that price you might as well go all the way and get a tried and true Kemper or Fractal Axe FX.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I have the complete Fractal Axe 3 setup and it sits idle while I use the Tone X pedal. They pretty much do the same thing for a big price difference.

https://www.gregcutshaw.com/AXE%20FX%20 ... X%203.html

https://www.gregcutshaw.com/ToneX%20Ped ... Pedal.html

The Tone X is the easiest and most powerful thing I've found for adjusting EQ and reverb and a little easier to adjust out all the distortion in the presets.