Dekley dont get any lighter...

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ray Minich

Dekley dont get any lighter...

Post by Ray Minich »

Just bought a Line 6 Spyder amp and thought I'd give it a shakedown with my Dekley S-10. Carrying that axe up 3 flights of stairs become a multiday job. Bathroom scale says 60 pounds in case with legs and pedal bar. It never used to be that heavy.
Lawyers are done: Emmons SD-10, 3 Dekleys including a D10, NV400, and lots of effects units to cover my clams...
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Flight case or wood/fiberboard?
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

I started transporting the body of my D10 in a Keyboard gigbag and I've been putting the pedal rack and leg bag with the pedal rods in a 3/4 size guitar gigbag. Although it's still a little heavy, it's a lot better than having it all in one case.
Pat Chong

Post by Pat Chong »

Hi Ray,

I have an idea. It all in the mind as we age. Just THINK of it as feather light, should work, right?

Never mind, I tried it, and it didn't work........my Dekley is still just as heavy. Maybe if I attatch helium balloons? :roll:

Never mind......I'll go back to my cave..................
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

There seems to come a time when our age says, It is time to cut some of the weight of our guitar and gear.

I have been lightening my guitar and equipment since I turned 75. From MSA Classic S10 65 lb. and D10 85 lb. went to GFI S12 49 lb. From Nashville 400 to a Quilter TB 202 and light 15" speaker cabinet. Now to lighten my seat.

I just finished working on my MSA Classic D10, I pulled both changers, Checked and cleaned them, And changed it from Day setup to Emmons setup. I had to get a neighbor to help lift it up in and out of the cradle.

The new owner picked it up Sunday, My back feels better already.