Reverb Tank Recommendation For A NV112

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kevin Fix

Reverb Tank Recommendation For A NV112

Post by Kevin Fix »

Looking for a Reverb Tank that's not OEM. Looking for one that can offer better depth or tone color.
Dave Simonis

Post by Dave Simonis »

I have 2 NV112's and replaced both tanks with a shorter decay. I found the standard reverb gets a bit lost for me, too long. Now I feel my 112 has a Fender sounding verb. I believe this is the model I bought looking back at an invoice from last year, my amps aren't onsite right now, so I can't dbl check but last tank I bought was for my 2nd NV112 to match my other:

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... y-3-spring
Dave Simonis

Fiddle: Zeta, Arthur Conner, many others.../Steel: GFI SD-10 Ultra.../Mandolin: Breedlove.../Guitar: Gibson, Fender, Taylor.../Amps: Peavey NV112, Evans FET 500.../Others: Hilton, Goodrich, Stereo Steel, Pendulum Pre-amp...
ajm

Post by ajm »

Kevin: It would help to know the part number on the reverb tank that is currently in the amp.

It's probably a long number, but each character and digit specify a different parameter.
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

It's been my experience the most SS reverb tanks for Peavey and Fender are (4 or9)EB?C?B, normally 4EB2C1B for a 2 spring, full size tank, and 9EB2C1B for a 3 spring.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

The tubesandmore.com site lists MOD 9EB2C1B for the NV112.
That's the one I used in my NV400. That's what several players here have used in the 112 including Tommy White.

Other models may work, I can't say, but follow the specified electrical values and match up with the specs of the existing tank. Like said, there should be a number on it. Find it on the chart and go from there.

See the amplifiedparts.com/ tubesandmore.com site replacement chart.