Alembic F2B Preamp

Post here if you're looking for something special
Johnie Helms

Alembic F2B Preamp

Post by Johnie Helms »

Thinkin bout tryin one of these older rack mount units.
Single space w/Two channels… I hear they work pretty good for Pedal Steel.

Thank y’all for your reply

JH
Steve Helm

Alembic Preamp

Post by Steve Helm »

Hey JH What do plan on using it with? Consider a'Blackbird Tube' if you want that classic fender sounds.With the 'Carvin X1' you can get more sounds-modern for instance. And the 'Tonex' modeler you get maximum flexibility, though its harder to set.If the Alembic Preamp has the sounds your looking for then fine but it is costly and a one-trick pony.
Steve Helm

Alembic Preamp

Post by Steve Helm »

Oh BTW the Brads Sarno Revelation sounds good-I owned one and I bet the V8 sounds good too...Just Depends on the sound that you want and if you want to change it.
Johnie Helms

Post by Johnie Helms »

Yes the Alembic is pretty much a one trick pony, but supposedly they sound really great for Pedal Steel, and the two channels would work great for double duty. And I guess I’m one of the only guys still usin a rack..

Thanks for all the reply’s

JH
Steve Helm

Alembic

Post by Steve Helm »

There are some or was on reverbdotcom or ebay. Best Of Luck
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Johnie Helms wrote:Yes the Alembic is pretty much a one trick pony, but supposedly they sound really great for Pedal Steel, and the two channels would work great for double duty. And I guess I’m one of the only guys still usin a rack..

Thanks for all the reply’s

JH
they were built at a time when all you needed was the one trick pony and the trick the pony did was the best trick you could ever hope for.

also if you plan on using both channels, you best be prepared for the cross talk between them. even the promo from alembic notes that.
Mike Holder

Post by Mike Holder »

If I’m not mistaken that pre amp was the preferred choice of Sonny Garrish in the studio, it resembles a Fender Bassman tone wise..
I thought Nashville was the roughest, but I know I’ve said the same about them all.
I received my education, drivin through the Nation listenin to Paul!.. ( Franklin that is! )