Yet another PSG home recording

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Justin Schack

Yet another PSG home recording

Post by Justin Schack »

Hey Y’all

From time to time I have shared here some songs I’ve recorded in my home studio featuring PSG and you’ve been kind enough to listen and offer feedback and constructive criticism.

I’ve just finished another and submit it here for your listening (hopefully) pleasure.

The PSG is in more of a supporting role here, yet essential to how the track sounds.

My approach for the performance, tone and recording has very much benefited from the advice of the community here on the Forum. The chain is my StageOne into my (newish) Milkman pedal steel mini into an OX box set for a 212 with JBL 120s into L and R tracks in Logic Pro.

As always, would love to hear feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/st-justin/comes- ... al_sharing

Thanks!
Russell Adkins

recording

Post by Russell Adkins »

I listened to your recording and i must say it was decent keep going not alot of steel but some nice guitars in there , Russ
Justin Schack

Re: recording

Post by Justin Schack »

Russell Adkins wrote:I listened to your recording and i must say it was decent keep going not alot of steel but some nice guitars in there , Russ
Thank you, Russ. Yes, the steel is not really in the spotlight here but it's there the entire time and I think it's essential to how the track sounds and feels. And I was really happy with the tone I got, compared to previous recordings, before I'd learned what I know now from the Forum about amps and amp settings for PSG.