Peavey Nashville 112

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Robert Herr

Peavey Nashville 112

Post by Robert Herr »

I have a Nashville 112 with an EPS12C speaker. I bought a Blue Marvel which I would like to install. The EPS12 has the push down type speaker connections, whereas the Blue Marvel has the flat attachments.I don’t want to solder the speaker connections and putting new flat attachments would be a pain. Is the speaker connection the plug in type to the chassis if so how do you access it? Any suggestions?
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Robert..Installing replacement connectors to the wires is a relatively easy process. The connectors themselves in the correct size are readily available at Lowes or Home Depot. Simply push the wire into the connector and crimp.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Robert, as I had told you after you purchased your Blue Marvel from me, putting on the "spade" connector takes about 2 minutes.

They cost about 20 cents each and all you need is a pair of crimping pliers or even regular pliers will work. Just squeeze the joint real tight.

Either measure across the speaker terminal or take the speaker with you to the store.

These only come in a few sizes, so it will not be hard to match it up. Or just go buy a $6 assortment and you will have what you need.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Robert Herr

Peavey Nashville 112

Post by Robert Herr »

Thanks guys for the help