Peavey Delta Blues, new tubes?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joachim Kettner

Peavey Delta Blues, new tubes?

Post by Joachim Kettner »

It seems that a few of them gave up their ghost. There are all in all seven, three shorter four longer ones. All of them were made Russia for Electro Harmonix, and I suppose they are not made any longer, are there any alternatives?
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

The E Harmonics are still made by New Sensor, but with the sanctions, they're expensive like all the Russian made tubes (Svetlana, Tung-Sol, EH, Mullard, etc.). That also raised the price of the tubes from China, so they're ALL pretty high...
That said, I recently put a quad of Psvane EL 84s (Classic..not the Arts) in my Delta Blues and I'm really happy with them. It's been recently, so I can't attest to their longevity, but they sound great, and they're dead quiet at idle.
Preamp tubes (the shorter ones) tend to last longer than the power tubes, so, you may not need to replace all of the tubes. A tech should be able to test them to see which ones need replaced.
While they're popular, I've never had good luck with JJs. I've lost EL 84s, 6L6s, and 12AT7s. Just my personal experience...
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

No matter which tubes you decide to use, always check the bias after power tube replacement!
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Many thanks for your infos. I will pass them on to someone who is not as ignorant as me.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.