Pull Rod Retaining Clips

Post here if you're looking for something special
Dave Grafe

Pull Rod Retaining Clips

Post by Dave Grafe »

I am in need of a half-dozen or more pull rod retainers, either the wire spring (preferred) or metal clip type will serve. For Fessenden and Desert Rose all-pull guitars.

Also looking for a few finger return springs for the Desert Rose D10 recently purchased.

Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Dave, I've got the rod clips.
https://www.psgparts.com/Clip-Spring-Re ... 20-005.htm

I talked to Chuck a couple weeks ago and he's having a time finding those finger return springs. I guess his supplier isn't making them anymore or they've changed the size and they no longer fit.
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Michael Yahl wrote:Dave, I've got the rod clips.
https://www.psgparts.com/Clip-Spring-Re ... 20-005.htm

I talked to Chuck a couple weeks ago and he's having a time finding those finger return springs. I guess his supplier isn't making them anymore or they've changed the size and they no longer fit.
Ha! Just got off the phone with Chuck, he's sending me the clips I need, and you just reminded me of other thing I meant to ask him about but just couldn't remember at the time 😏 better start writing things down as my senile years approach
Jim Norman

Re: Pull Rod Retaining Clips

Post by Jim Norman »

Hey Dave, does the PSG Parts Pull Rod Retaining Spring Clip work with your Fessenden? My Fessy must have come out just before Jerry started using clips. The first time I changed all the strings by remivng all the old ones first was a real eye opener. Fortunately, I had charted out the rodding, but boy was that a pain. Anyway, I'd love to find some clips that work. I don't quite see how this one catches the rod.

By the way, anyone with a picture of the clips that Jerry eventually started using, I would love to see what they look like.

Thanks.
Dave Grafe wrote:I am in need of a half-dozen or more pull rod retainers, either the wire spring (preferred) or metal clip type will serve. For Fessenden and Desert Rose all-pull guitars.

Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

My Fessy does not use clips, I was beginning a rebuild on a Desert Rose but no longer.
Jim Norman

Post by Jim Norman »

Dave Grafe wrote:My Fessy does not use clips, I was beginning a rebuild on a Desert Rose but no longer.
Mine doesn't either, but at some point I understand that Jerry started using some sort of clip to keep the rods from dropping out of the bell cranks (should you remove all the strings, for example). I'd love to see an example of the solution he came up with.