Keyboard amp (12" speaker) for C6th PSG??

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

J D Sauser

Keyboard amp (12" speaker) for C6th PSG??

Post by J D Sauser »

I am going to play in Europe with my son who plays keyboard. We plan to buy ONE amp for both (him on a Yamaha "Piano" & me on PSG C6th) in Europe.

Have any had experience with using a 12"-speaker keyboard amp on PSG (C6th)?

Thanks!... J-D.

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.
The uses of Tablature is addictive and has been linked to reduced musical fertility.
Those who produce Tablature did never use it.

I say it humorously, but I mean it.
Gil James

Post by Gil James »

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... yboard-amp[/

url] Hi J-D,
This amp solved that problem for a keyboard/guitar ministry that my wife and I do at nursing homes and churches around here. Needed something that set up fast and sounded good to my ears. It has three channels and and mic preamp built in. It is a Great acoustic guitar amp and my wife's Korg sounds heavenly through it. I have used it for steel occasionally with a d10 and wouldn't recommend it for E9 without some external eq and buffering, But, C6 is a different story. With the built in 5 band eq and effects it does great. I cant explain it, same guitar, just different necks? Has some seriously good thump. Overall a suprisingly good cost/quality ratio in this amp. I've since expanded the sound to include two powered line arrays from the line out in back.
J D Sauser

Post by J D Sauser »

Gil James wrote:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... yboard-amp[/

url] Hi J-D,
This amp solved that problem for a keyboard/guitar ministry that my wife and I do at nursing homes and churches around here. Needed something that set up fast and sounded good to my ears. It has three channels and and mic preamp built in. It is a Great acoustic guitar amp and my wife's Korg sounds heavenly through it. I have used it for steel occasionally with a d10 and wouldn't recommend it for E9 without some external eq and buffering, But, C6 is a different story. With the built in 5 band eq and effects it does great. I cant explain it, same guitar, just different necks? Has some seriously good thump. Overall a suprisingly good cost/quality ratio in this amp. I've since expanded the sound to include two powered line arrays from the line out in back.
Thanks! I really appreciate your input!

... J-D.

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.
The uses of Tablature is addictive and has been linked to reduced musical fertility.

J D Sauser

Post by J D Sauser »

Gil James wrote:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... yboard-amp[/

url] Hi J-D,
Thanks! I really appreciate your input!

... J-D.

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.

John Poston

Post by John Poston »

If you're sharing an amp, you may not have much individual channel eq available. I'd suggest an eq pedal for the steel. Or possibly even better some sort of amp sim pedal.

C6 is a different beast than E9 but I have found going direct into PAs and into keyboard amps, they have a very "full range" sound, whereas even C9 sounds better with amps voiced for electric guitar and/or steel guitar.

But I think generally your plan is a good one.
J D Sauser

Post by J D Sauser »

Thanks John.
Yes, I always have an EQ stomp box with me.

This is what I am looking it... it's gota 15" in it, just for a steel guitarist's Ego!

https://www.thomannmusic.ch/behringer_k ... ratone.htm

... J-D.

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.