"Carrying Your Love With Me"-George Strait-P Franklin Break

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jeff Garden

"Carrying Your Love With Me"-George Strait-P Franklin Break

Post by Jeff Garden »

I heard George Strait's "Carrying Your Love With Me" on the radio two days in a row. Which got me to thinking about Paul Franklin's steel break at 2:28. I'm just winging it by ear but this should get you close.
Here it is on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YW3W5RPV-0

Jim Morris

Post by Jim Morris »

Thanks Jeff great work as always. This song was added last night to the set list for the show I’m playing this weekend (opening for Craig Morgan) and I already have enough stuff to memorize and work out. Any help and shortcut to the final product is much appreciated.

Hope you’re well brother.
1981 Emmons P/P, P2P Bad Dawg 1x12, Benado Steel Dream, Goodrich L120 volume pedal & BJS bar
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Thanks, Jim - how did everything work out for your show?
Jim Morris

Post by Jim Morris »

I assume you’re talking about the show I needed this solo for… it was fantastic! I was gonna laying with a local artist who was opening for Craig Morgan and the I lyway it could’ve went better is if we could do overdubs 😂

In all seriousness, that was the first time I’d played with any of those guys I shared the stage with so everything besides signature solos was improvised. It went well enough that he booked me for more gigs so that’s a plus. Even got a compliment from one of the guys with Morgan’s outfit. It was the sound guy/ stage manager. Said I mixed myself very well and I didn’t overplay like many other steel players he has heard so I’ll take it. 😁

Sorry it took so long to reply back brother. I appreciate all your hard work on tab. It’s a huge help when you have limited time to figure things out.
1981 Emmons P/P, P2P Bad Dawg 1x12, Benado Steel Dream, Goodrich L120 volume pedal & BJS bar