For Sale 1982 Emmons P/P $3800 SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Greg Readling

For Sale 1982 Emmons P/P $3800 SOLD

Post by Greg Readling »

I have for sale my beloved 1982 Emmons Push pull guitar. It’s a standard emmons set up with 6 knees and 8 pedals (c6 vertical raises c’s half step and e9 vertical flattens b’s half step). E9 RKL raises 1 whole tone and 2 half tone (no 6 string lower). I’m using a wound 6th string now and love the stability. The 4th pedal only raises 4th string whole tone a>b, but not 8th on c6 neck.

This guitar was bought from a friend and teacher and fellow forum member, Bill Erchul. Bill took beautiful care of this guitar—which was fully refurbished by Billy Knowles in 2014 under Bill’s watch. This guitar sounds great and I will at some point regret selling it. I could give you all the reasons I’m selling but none of that matters. It has nothing to do with the way this guitars performs or sounds. I think this is a fairly rare mica color called “derby green”. I have given this guitar one beauty mark—a slight burr on the front top aluminum trim piece. I set a penny next to it for size reference.
I don’t recall what the pickups read but I bet Bill remembers. There is a 1/2” lift kit on this guitar—I’m 6’ even and it fits me perfect.

I’d love not to ship this guitar—I frequent the Charlotte NC area and also the triangle. Willing to drive a bit to make this happen. $3800 cash.
Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Greg Readling on 3 Apr 2023 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Erchul

'82 Emmons PP

Post by Bill Erchul »

Let me say that this is an outstanding Emmons PP that Greg is selling. Billy K. completely rebuilt it in 2014 and I doubt you will find a better D-10 Emmons PP at this price at this time. I had the pickups re-wound to 18.5K and thought that added a lot more fullness. Even before the re-build, it was a clean guitar and of course Billy made it much better. If I still played C6, I'd seriously consider buying it back from Greg. Buyer will not be disappointed.
Tommy Auldridge

Emmons D-10

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Wow! I bet this will be sold by Monday. Let me check my mega million ticket. Thanks, Tommy.....
Greg Readling

Post by Greg Readling »

Hope so!
I have sound clips available if you send your email addy. Both studio and living room both necks
Thanks!
Mike Drassler

green guitar

Post by Mike Drassler »

sent you a PM
Pickin, pedaling, and sawing the Holy Trinity of Country Music — steel, fiddle, and tele
Nashville, Tennessee
Emmons, Fender, Quilter, Peavey, and the old family violin
Greg Readling

Post by Greg Readling »

I emailed you sounds clips of this steel Mike. Thanks for your interest.
Greg
Tommy Auldridge

Emmons D-10

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Greg: I'd like to hear the sound clips. Also, we could play a game of 8 ball. I'll put up $4000. and you bet the Emmons. :) :) Thanks, Tommy..... glassdoorknob16@gmail.com.
Greg Readling

Post by Greg Readling »

Sent you a clip Tommy
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

I have a Black 83 Push Pull and these 80's models sound as good as any year. I especially like the LeGrande style pedals on them.
stevepo

Emmons

Post by stevepo »

DAVE, Ditto; I have an ‘81 that sounds and plays as good as any. Greg, Good luck with the sale.
Steve Porter
Kline, McVay, & Emmons
Webb, LTD, N112
Steelman.Porter@yahoo.com