Steel Guitar Black Box/ Sold

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
David Nugent

Steel Guitar Black Box/ Sold

Post by David Nugent »

Sarno Black Box, early model, no 'Vari-Z'. Bracket installed for mounting onto your pac-seat (easily removable).
$125.00 plus actual shipping.
Thank you for viewing.

Last edited by David Nugent on 31 Mar 2023 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

TTT
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

I own one of these and I really like how it sweetens the tone I get. Mine is the original like this one. Don't really know what the vari-z does, but I like it as is...if I needed one, I would buy this. Great piece of equipment.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

final bump
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

I have one of these early "Spitshine" Black boxes as well. Mine had a vari-Z and Brad put a tuner port in for me. I found another, like this, for my fiddle player & had a Vari-Z & tuner out aqdded.

For anyone interested, Sarno Music Solutions can be contacted for info about adding the Vari-Z & tuner to this unit if desired- otherwise you've got a fantastic preamp tube unit that will warm your signal as it sits.

This one is likely has a 12AU7 or 12AT7 (I forget which) as Brad insisted on only the highest quality, non microphonic tubes available at the time, and the new 12AX7 tubes produced 20 or so years ago were a gamble. At any rate- SMS can also update the pinout in the unit to accept a 12AX7 optimally if desired (and if it isn't already factory 12AX7 specs. as it is).
Excel Superb D10, Kline U12, Sarno Black Box, Goodrich L120, Boss DD5, Baby Bloomer, 1965 Super Reverb chopped to a head, feeding a mystery PA cab w/ a K130.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Thanks to all for the positive input and suggestions.

This unit filled my requirements quite well as is and since I have a tuner out function on my volume pedal and was always able to set my amp to the desired settings, the 'Vari-Z' seemed redundant.
Only reason for selling is that I now use a Marsh amp which is all tube so the Black Box is no longer needed.
Ron Lemons

sarno

Post by Ron Lemons »

mornin
is this available??
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Ron..P.M.sent..Thanks.
Ron Lemons

Sarno

Post by Ron Lemons »

Afternoon
I never heard back wheatger you take paypal,but i can send a money order i need address.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Ron..Two P.M.'s sent.