Lloyd green w/ George Hamilton IV and Billie Jo Spears

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nicholas Thomas

Lloyd green w/ George Hamilton IV and Billie Jo Spears

Post by Nicholas Thomas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4YTUyhE9ZU

I found this video on youtube of Mr. Green playing his green LDG on tv, not sure of the year, but I found it pretty cool.
Guitar Built by me!
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Lloyd is one solid player. A stylist for sure.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

He plays impeccably, doesn't he?

I haven't heard such great tone in quite a while and I'm reminded that Lloyd is the architect of that inimitable style.

Thanks for posting this, Nicholas; it reminds me of why I wanted to learn to play a steel guitar!
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I'm resurrecting this thread in the hope that somebody can retrieve the video! The link says 'unavailable'.

Is it anywhere else in some archive? I searched "George H IV, Billie Joe Spears and Lloyd Green" to no avail.

I want to have another look at Lloyd's right-hand in this exemplary demonstration of palm-blocking.
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Roger Rettig wrote:I'm resurrecting this thread in the hope that somebody can retrieve the video! The link says 'unavailable'.

Is it anywhere else in some archive? I searched "George H IV, Billie Joe Spears and Lloyd Green" to no avail.

I want to have another look at Lloyd's right-hand in this exemplary demonstration of palm-blocking.
Roger
Try googling BBC Country or Val Doonican (Lloyd Green)

Cheers, Ken
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Peter Johannisse

Post by Peter Johannisse »

Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Peter!

That's it - thanks!!

Thanks, Ken; I couldn't find it using any search-terms, though.

I think I'll save it somehow; it'll serve as a reminder of how much I have to learn. :)