Scotty’s SGC performances missing

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tyler Nuffer

Scotty’s SGC performances missing

Post by Tyler Nuffer »

Hey folks, so was looking for a specific performance of Lloyd Green’s “Hogan’s Dream” from Scotty’s SGC and couldn’t find it. Thought it was odd as when you YouTube Lloyd the first videos that would appear would be these live performances that I’ve spent hours studying and picking apart.

I searched more to find all of my favorite videos from Scotty’s have disappeared from YouTube! I wanted to voice my concern on the forum and get feedback as to why. Maybe I missed an announcement on the forum but these videos are steel guitar history and should be preserved imo.

Buddy Emmon’s performance of “Rose Colored Glasses” from Scotty’s was the first song I transcribed on pedal steel…really hope these videos exist somewhere.
Richard Alderson

Post by Richard Alderson »

Ummm, Tyler.... I have got some news for you.....you're probably not going to like it.......... but.. um... well ...
Derby SD-10 5x6; GFI S-10 5x5; GFI S-10 5x5; Zum D-10 8x7; Zum D-10 9x9; Fender 400; Fender Rumble 200; Nashville 400; Telonics TCA-500.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

The ISGC videos were removed due to a copyright complaint as I understand it.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Tyler Nuffer

Post by Tyler Nuffer »

Dang, I had a feeling. Very unfortunate :( Hope they’ll be reposted again someday

I can’t remember which account posted the videos, anyone know?
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I don’t think we’re allowed to discuss this because of threatened legal action from a certain organization. We just have to be patient and hope it’s resolved in our lifetimes.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

Bill Ferguson, a.k.a. Steelpicker was the uploader of all those priceless videos.

he made a lengthy post here recently with all the details but apparently that's been removed as well?
1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

I'm gonna refer you to this thread that Brad put up last month - https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=388929

A basic summary of the situation as I see it:

1. Last year, a number of youtube videos of performances at the ISGC were removed. The takedown notice stated they were removed due to a copyright claim. As I understand it, other videos also wound up being removed - by youtube.

2. Differences of opinion between the parties about ownership, copyrights, and permissions have been stated.

3. The forum itself is not a party to this disagreement.

4. Some forum discussions were getting heated, with accusations being made.

5. The attorney for one of the parties contacted us with concerns about these discussions.

6. We cannot resolve this disagreement on the Steel Guitar Forum.

It's not really a matter of not being allowed. The issue is how to keep this potentially contentious discussion within the boundaries of our membership agreement and forum rules and policies. With the illness and now the passing of b0b, we have had many other fish to fry. We need to focus on making the transition without b0b at the helm.

So please hang on until we can get our bearings, and then we can figure out how to handle this moving forward.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Thank you Dave.
I am sorry that the discussion got "heated" but it is a subject that has upset the steel guitar world and rightfully so.

I was saddened to see the SGF back down, because I refused to be intimidated myself.

The "other" party has seemed to drop off the face of the earth and that is fine by me.

I am in the process of recovering as much of my YouTube site as possible and I promise, if I live long enough, you will be able to see all the videos that I recorded "for free" over the years in one place at absolutely NO CHARGE.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Bill, thanks. :)
David Laveau

Post by David Laveau »

Bill Ferguson wrote:Thank you Dave.
I am sorry that the discussion got "heated" but it is a subject that has upset the steel guitar world and rightfully so.

I am in the process of recovering as much of my YouTube site as possible and I promise, if I live long enough, you will be able to see all the videos that I recorded "for free" over the years in one place at absolutely NO CHARGE.
Scholar and a gentleman, I (for one) greatly appreciate your efforts and such.

Thanks for all that you've done and shared over the years... Super helpful to folks who recently stumbled into the microcosm of PSG