Sons of Hudson Chester & Pearl River NY Feb 17&18

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Dave Grafe

Sons of Hudson Chester & Pearl River NY Feb 17&18

Post by Dave Grafe »

Friday February 17 from 6-9pm we'll be with our old friends at Tin Barn Brewing 62 Kings Hwy Bypass, Chester, NY 10918

Saturday February 18 we're playing from 9pm to 12 midnight at Gentle Giant Brewing, 7 N Main St, Pearl River, NY 10965

Hope to see some steelers there, come say hi to Buddy.

Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Howard R and I came to see you last night. So bummed the gig was cancelled.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Yeah, sorry about that Bill.

Gentle Giant Brewery was a new venue for us and we arrived to find a stage full of buckets placed to catch water from the drippy ceiling. According to the very understanding and apologetic manager the vibrations from bass and drums would cause a shower to fall from water trapped in the flat roof as soon as we started, so we will rebook the show there for a summer afternoon.

I just couldn't see myself remaining chill watching my rig and sound gear get soaked for three hours, and the drummer was of a like mind. Too bad, as the folks were great and there was a good crowd.

FYI we're going back to Pearl River next Saturday evening at Defiant Brewing on Dexter Plaza.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

I'll try and catch you then Dave. I saw you on stage when Howard and I got there but it was clear you were preoccupied. When I looked next you were gone.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

"Preoccupied" indeed 😎

They were really sweet about it, recognizing we were in an untenable situation and sending us off with beers and snacks. We'll be back and they'll be ready.