Original Blanton

Post by Neal Sanford »

The cutout was there when I got it.
Neal Sanford

Post by Neal Sanford »

David Ball

Post by David Ball »

Love the pick holder!

The Blantons are great guitars, but they sure are heavy! I had a wonderful D12 that played and sounded great, and fortunately didn't need to be moved around very often.

Dave
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

Hi Neal, I believe I owned this steel at one time. I can tell by the keyhead; for whatever reason it didn't have the same one as other Blantons I've seen. It was a double neck when I had it, so maybe it found it's way back to Jerry and he converted it? I sold it to Ward Orsinger in 2007. I remember how good it sounded, I always wondered what became of it. It was my first real steel guitar, thanks for letting me reminisce!
Neal Sanford

Original Blanton

Post by Neal Sanford »

Geoff,
I would say that it was a double neck because of the extra hole for volume knob and the empty holes in the wood underside. I got it 2 years ago for a 60th birthday present from my niece and her boyfriend. Keanan's band goes by Wrong Way Jackson. His steel player was Robert (don't remember his last name). A local Austin player. That's who I got it from with a Nashville 400. I play a little acoustic guitar and am learning this very complicated beast. LOL
David Laveau

Re: Reply

Post by David Laveau »

Gordon Borland wrote:Roger,
Jerry built two wooden cabinets. One he sold one and just recently stared working on again. I wish I could visit with him in person and record an interview and then make it available for folks to listen to
Here's an early pre-"woody" unit.

I think I need to pull the steel base to get to the serial number...