Please Close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Hunter Jones

Please Close

Post by Hunter Jones »

Now $1600

Here's my BMI for sale because I've gotten a new guitar and can't afford to have two. I'm not exactly sure on the date, but Don Fritsche at BMI estimates it's from the 90s based on the milled out endplate.

I bought this in 2020 from Jack Goodson, who was very helpful and really kind and generous throughout the process.

It has some minor wear and tear, but it's a really great guitar that I've loved for a long time.

In particular, there are a few little blemishes on the guitar itself. The hardcase has some peeling vinyl, and the legbag has a hole where one leg should stop, which is currently prevented with some gorilla tape.

Also, the threading on one leg has stripped (at the bottom, where it adjusts). This hasn't been a problem for me as I always used that as the front leg so the adjustment just sat right on the pedals. I suppose if you were very tall and wanted the front legs higher, that might be a problem.

I have also had a lot of help from Don at BMI upgrading some parts and keeping it clean. He's always been very responsive and helpful. I'll include some of the extra parts he's sent me. Things like springs, vinyl tuning nuts, bullet spacers, and a set of ball clasps for the pedals. I usually keep an extra set of the ball clasps with me because one of the few design flaws of this guitar, in my opinion, is that they clasp on the top of the pedals and not on the side, meaning they wear out more quickly.

I have played hundreds of shows on this and done a lot of recording and it has always been extremely reliable and a joy for me to play. It was my second guitar and was great for me as I progressed.

Now $1600.

Lastly, I'd prefer not to ship it, but if I have to, I will pack it well according to the extensive guidance I've found elsewhere on the forum. Buyer pays shipping, which FedEx (ground) estimates to be anywhere from $75 to $175 for the least expensive rates. I will ship whatever method or rate the buyer prefers and with full insurance.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by Hunter Jones on 15 Feb 2023 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Johnstone

Post by Michael Johnstone »

How much does it weigh in the case?
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

Michael Johnstone wrote:How much does it weigh in the case?
Hi Michael, according to my bathroom scale - the accuracy of which I can't vouch for - somewhere right around 45 lbs all-in.
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

ttt
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

Now $1600
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

ttt
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

Sold on another site. Please close