Who played steel on this one was it Randy??

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Davis

Who played steel on this one was it Randy??

Post by John Davis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcjtTmkbyyk

I love the steel parts but dont even know what neck it was played on.... sure made Bobby relax
Last edited by John Davis on 14 Feb 2023 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Thanks for the reply Paul, I was lucky enough to meet Bobby at a gig in Texas and both Randy and Jim Loessburg took a turn on steel that night it really made my trip to the US to see them but, the video link shows a different venue/festaval and you dont even get a look at the steel player I just wondered who it was and I really like his style :)
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Old Ray Price song called " One More Time" at the Flag City Opry which I believe is/was held in Edna Texas. Steel player in the staff band for a long time was Craig Schimdt who was from around thatvarea.
Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

Ha Mike Yes that was Craig Smith
What ever happened to him???
Pw
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Thanks for the input Mike, I wonder if he is still around? It was about 14 years ago and we are dropping like flies.
Is there any vidio of Craig out there that anyone knows of?
Very seldom hear anything that inspires me to put the pics on and have a go, but that surely did it!
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

First I need to say I misspelled Craig's last name. It's Schimdt and he is a farmer/rancher from around Halletsville TX area. He is a Forum member but has logged in since 2013 or so.I met him many years ago over at Rick Price's house as I stopped by to visit and Craig brought Rick a push pull to add some levers to.Very nice guy and good player. The Flag City Opry used to post on YouTube. Craig wears glasses and always sports a good looking cowboy hat with a nice block.Do a search for Flag City Opry and he will more than likely be the steel player.
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Thanks again Mike, yes checked it all out such a shame the Flag City thing passed in 2018 they played great music. My best to Craig and I hope he is still with us.
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Thanks again Mike, yes checked it all out such a shame the Flag City thing passed in 2018 they played great music. My best to Craig and I hope he is still with us.