Sho Bud LDG?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Hunter Jones

Sho Bud LDG?

Post by Hunter Jones »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me learn a little bit about this guitar. This belongs to a friend who is an accomplished luthier and lap steel player but who doesn't play with pedals as much. He's offered to sell it to me. He says he believes it is a Sho Bud LDG but doesn't know anything else about it. It resembles buds I've seen in some ways but it has other elements that I haven't seen before. It feels great and sounds really nice. Underneath someone has scratched something illegible. Also stamped underneath is 8103. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

J Fletcher

Post by J Fletcher »

Looks like an early 70's D10 Sho~Bud , that had a conversion to an S10 . Lots of Sho~Bud parts , and a bunch of non Sho~Bud parts , ie. knee levers and some of the bell cranks . Does not look like an LDG .
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I agree.
There is a big cut out on the changer end.
Evidently it started out as a D10. :whoa:
Erv
Hunter Jones

Post by Hunter Jones »

Thank you! It does appear to be a frankenstein sort of guitar. I like it though so I will take it. Appreciate the help.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Its a converted d10, not especially well done... LOTS of the original pull parts have been absconded, and replaced with makeshift parts, including the original knee levers. As with anything , it depends on what you are paying for it... That guitar is NOT worth the price of an intact LDG, or an intact PROII, or even a well executed SD10 conversion... Somebody sold all those original parts at some point which hold their value, but devalued the guitar itself.

Its still worthwhile as a player however again depending on price, but if you ever wanted to turn it into a D10 again, or even a serious LDG clone, it would not be worth what it would cost.... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......