SOLD--Carter S-10 3X5 *Near Mint*

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Joe Rogers

SOLD--Carter S-10 3X5 *Near Mint*

Post by Joe Rogers »

I purchased this Carter S-10 3X5 from a beginner steel player who also purchased it from a beginner, so this guitar has EXTREMELY LOW mileage on it. I currently play on the road with Tracy Byrd and bought it to satisfy 5 fly dates this past year.

I have endorsed Rittenberry Guitars for the last 12 years or so, and will be getting a flight ready model Rittenberry in the coming weeks. That is the ONLY reason I am selling this guitar. It IS the PRO model Carter and performs flawlessly. Note that I changed the pickup to a Lawrence XR16 (as recommended here on the forum) and it was a super wise choice. You can hear the sound in the video link here:

https://youtu.be/FlqFPygsYco

You can see the shape of the guitar and case in the pictures below. Note that I had my own SKB fly case and did NOT use the case that came with the guitar on the fly dates. The case that comes with the guitar looks brand spanking new, I seriously doubt the guitar or case has ever seen a nightclub..!! The price is $2775.00 plus actual shipping charges. I have connections to getting the guitar to San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Nashville, or in the vicinities around these areas for no cost. I can also set up the guitar to whatever copedent the new buyer needs at no charge. You will not find a used Carter in brand spanking new shape anywhere, they don't come any cleaner than this.

Joe Rogers
Last edited by Joe Rogers on 10 Jan 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Really, really nice guitar. Looks right at home on stage. Can't beat a nice Carter S10 as a gigging steel, and love the look and super nice condition on this one.......
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Mark Shuda

Awesome Guitar!!!!!

Post by Mark Shuda »

Love Carter Guitars
“ The Poor Man’s Franklin”!!!
Mark Twang
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

There's a forumite in the market for a guitar like this.. I have directed him to check it out. Looks like its right in his wheelhouse.. Love this guitar!
Played one for a very long time, and it was a fabulous little guitar.... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

Bob, thanks for the plug..!! This particular guitar really does deliver the sound of a larger D10...it is also the lightest guitar I've ever owned. That's saying something with 3X5 changes..... VERY nice when lugging across an airport.

Did I mention I would set up the copedent free of charge for the new buyer...?? ;-)

Joe Rogers
Andy Zahnd

Post by Andy Zahnd »

Hey Joe, wishing you and Pam a happy new year!
This Carter looks good! I should have NEVER sold my Carter. She was special.... and this one looks special too.... if I flew around more, this would be my Steel! I hope someone appreciates what you have with this Steel! Someone could be a happy owner of this Carter! Hope to see you again soon! :D
Ted Hughes

S10 Carter

Post by Ted Hughes »

Joe , I sent you a pm and a email ! Thanks ! Ted
Kerry Johnson

Post by Kerry Johnson »

Wow Joe,

You must have had some really great memories with this Steel.
Well Done dude !

~Kerry
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

Andy, Happy New Year to you and Andrea..!! I know where there is a Carter D-10 if you want to get one back...Hahaaa!!!

Kerry, I only played about 7 shows with this guitar, so not too many memories. LOL..!! I will say I am having a few mental reservations about selling it, but I'm confident the replacement will more than suffice. Thanks!!

Joe
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

The guitar has sold. Please close the thread. Donation forthcoming.

Joe Rogers