SWSGA for 2023 ?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mike Bacciarini

SWSGA for 2023 ?

Post by Mike Bacciarini »

Any plans for a Phoenix show this coming year?
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.
Slim Heilpern

Post by Slim Heilpern »

In the SWSGA August newsletter, it was stated that there will be no show in 2023 partly due to financial issues, but they're hoping to resume in 2024.

- Slim
Chromatic Harmonica, Guitar, and Pedal Steel (Williams U12 Series 700, Emmons lap)
http://slimandpenny.com
Mike Bacciarini

Post by Mike Bacciarini »

Thank you Slim
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

REALLY missed the SWSGA show this year. Here's a once in a lifetime catch of my buddy Catt (Steve Cattermole) after his 1st ever performance at the show a few years ago. His front neck has only a few strings on it as his passion is standards on C6- and he does a wonderful job!
George Biner

Post by George Biner »

Go, Catt, go!!
Guacamole Mafia - California Country Rock band
Electrical engineer / amp tech in West Los Angeles
Mullen RP SD10 E9 / Fender Deluxe Reverb, Princeton, Princeton Reverb
"Now there is a snappy sounding instrument. That f****r really sings." - Jerry Garcia
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Yeah, Catt knocked it out of the park his first time up.
During his set I was sitting with Tommy Dodd, who remarked to me that maybe Catt would sell him his volume pedal, since he never touched it once...
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Skip Edwards wrote:Yeah, Catt knocked it out of the park his first time up.
During his set I was sitting with Tommy Dodd, who remarked to me that maybe Catt would sell him his volume pedal, since he never touched it once...
The way Catt uses two feet on the pedals has convinced me we are all doing it wrong!

I too am hoping for a reboot in 2024. It’s a highlight of my year.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Mine too!
Slim Heilpern

Post by Slim Heilpern »

Me too! If it boils down to budget, perhaps the SWSGA board would consider an annual fundraiser in advance of the event to help cover costs -- I'm sure many of us would be happy to contribute.

- Slim
Chromatic Harmonica, Guitar, and Pedal Steel (Williams U12 Series 700, Emmons lap)
http://slimandpenny.com
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I didn't have the pleasure of attended the show but I've seen the video of Catt's set; it's first class!

I did enjoy an online get-together when Catt, Rick Schmidt, Dale Rottacker and I Skyped a while back. All three are real gentlemen and committed steel guitar enthusiasts. It was an honour to join them and 'meet' them!

I don't know if I'll ever get to out the West Coast again but I really want to visit Pali's store one day!
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

...and I want to see you there Roger!
Steve Cattermole

Post by Steve Cattermole »

Thanks for the nice words, means a lot coming from you guys.I don't know about hitting it out of the park, but out of the infield anyway. Funny thing about the photo is my hands lining up with the wall sconces, what were the odds of that happening. Jim Cohen made a puzzle out of it. I like the photo because it reminds me of good times. Roger, I hope you do make it out to Pali's, you would have a great time, and it would be nice to meet you face to face. For now Skype will do.Take care everyone. Catt
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

I was there too, and Catt was great! Photo by my soon to be wife Cynthia!👏😎