Dean Holman

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul King

Dean Holman

Post by Paul King »

Today I saw a clip from The Presleys out of Branson. Dean Holman was playing steel guitar and man did he knock it out of the park. I knew he was a wonderful picker but that C6th picking was just awesome. Later on he was playing banjo and was great on it as well. I have seen no one on The Presleys that was an average picker, all of them pickers are just awesome. And the singing is great as well.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Paul you are correct. Dean was also a member of Ozark OSGA steel guitar association and I got to see him perform at multiple events. Dean can also do some wicked Dobro playing. Super nice guy to boot.
The Presley show is the most polished and organized with mega talent. I believe it's the best show in Branson. I was a frequent visitor taking in every show on the strip for years.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

The Presleys have their show down very well. I agree it is the best one there. Dean Holman just plays extremely well. I have never met him but understand he is a 1st class gentleman.
David Rattray

Post by David Rattray »

Good morning Paul I am unable to post u-tube video"s ...any way check out Scott Presley Buckaroo...it is indeed the finest picking anywhere ....best David...
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I will check it out David.
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

As a follow up on the comments made about Dean Holman, above, I have some photos I have of him playing at Scotty's a few years ago.

Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Thanks Jim for posting the pictures.
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

You are most welcome, Paul. I am better with my camera than I am with my steel!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Dean is top notch. not just as a player, but a great person as well. Got to hear him play several times when the Branson Steel club was still going. I sure miss that show.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Robert Jones

Post by Robert Jones »

Hey Paul. I wanted to add to all the compliments about Dean. He and I were just chatting yesterday. Dean is a wonderful player. He puts new meaning to the term Utility player. Along with this G2 he has a Rittenberry and can make them talk. Merry Christmas Paul.

Mullen Royal Precision D10 Red Lacquer Pearl inlay 8&8
"Life is too short for bad tone."
https://mullenguitars.com/
http://www.bjsbars.com/
Derek Puckett

Post by Derek Puckett »

He is a super nice guy, he owns two Rittenberry guitars I spoke with him the other day he is getting ready to update one guitar and do maintenance on the other what a killer player aswell! We are blessed that he plays one of our guitars
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Dean Holman is a Super player on both the Steel Guitar and Dobro. He's a Great Guy too! It's a honor to know him!

Terry Wood
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Never met Dean, but did talk to him few times , and he is a super nice guy , and a great player too …
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Thank you guys for all the wonderful comments. I really appreciate comments like this. I’m my own worse critic, so it helps me know that you all enjoy my performance and our shows. I work with a great group of guys and gals, and we have a deep love and appreciation for each other. We strive to do the best we can and play songs that we hope people will enjoy. Thank you all very much for your support.