Peavey Nashville 112.(ostrich), USA made $425 + shipping

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Howard Steinberg

Peavey Nashville 112.(ostrich), USA made $425 + shipping

Post by Howard Steinberg »

I acquired this amp a couple of years ago. It was in mint condition when I got it and it has not been out of the house since then. It has the ostrich covering, which is something that I could never quite figure out. It is a different look for sure. Other wise it appears to be a a usual NV112, 80 watts, 12”
Image speaker, etc. it works as it should with no unwanted noises.

I put a George bar over the control panel to protect the pots. I believe that the cabinet is a little wider that the standard 112. I had to install the bar under the metal corners, which causes one of corners to stick out 1/8”. I would recommend keeping it as is, but it is simple to remove the bar and set the corners back to how they were originally. Amp comes with a canvas cover, also in excellent shape. Price is reduced to $425., plus actual shipping. Amp can also be tested out and picked up in St. Petersburg, FL.
Last edited by Howard Steinberg on 4 Nov 2022 8:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
Justice Pro Lite (4-5), Justice D-10 (8-5)x2 , Quilter Steelaire, Hilton Pedal, BJ's bar.
Charlie Powell

Post by Charlie Powell »

I believe that may be a Paevey custom shop amp. I had one in ostrich. If so, on mine the cabinet was solid wood vs particle board like the standard 112. I thought it sounded better than the conventional cabinet amp. Good luck with your sale, I hope its not a hurricane necessity...
Charlie Powell
Howard Steinberg

Based on Charlie’s comment I sought some additional information on this amp. The custom amps have the word “custom,” on the rear of the chassis. This amp does not. The inside of the cabinet does not feel like particle board. It also seems too light weightwise, to be particle board. The inside is painted flat black so it’s a little hard to tell.
Justice Pro Lite (4-5), Justice D-10 (8-5)x2 , Quilter Steelaire, Hilton Pedal, BJ's bar.
Philip Mitrakos

Post by Philip Mitrakos »

That covering is ostrich not snake skin
David Dorwart

Post by David Dorwart »

What is a George bar and how do you access the controls with it obstructing them?
Howard Steinberg

It's a bar that was/is being provided by a fellow forum member. It prevents the highly exposed controls from being hit, breaking off the pot shaft, when moving the amp. I had that happen, on a gig, with a Seymour Duncan amp that had exposed nylon shaft controls. It wasn't fun.

The pots can be turned with the bar in place. The top and bottom of the knob are accessible. You can also see the control panel with the bar in place. It's a valuable addition to this amp.
Howard Steinberg

Ttt
Allen Howington

?

Post by Allen Howington »

Is this a USA or China made amp?
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

In the 3rd pic down, it says 'made in USA' as best I can make out..
Howard Steinberg

It says “made in USA”
Larry Allen

Nv112

Post by Larry Allen »

Here’s another I bought off the forum, the owner had it covered to match his boots but never followed through …also USA
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Howard Steinberg

ttt
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Howard, do know what your amp weighs?
Howard Steinberg

My scale puts it at 40 pounds.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Message sent.
Jordan Molacek

Post by Jordan Molacek »

Howard Steinberg wrote:It's a bar that was/is being provided by a fellow forum member. It prevents the highly exposed controls from being hit, breaking off the pot shaft, when moving the amp. I had that happen, on a gig, with a Seymour Duncan amp that had exposed nylon shaft controls. It wasn't fun.

The pots can be turned with the bar in place. The top and bottom of the knob are accessible. You can also see the control panel with the bar in place. It's a valuable addition to this amp.
Hey Howard, I have been looking for one of those bars and have not been able to find out where to get one. Would you be comfortable sharing which forum member sells these? And maybe they don't sell them anymore but its worth a shot. Thanks!
Mullen G2, Peavey Nashville 112
Howard Steinberg

Amp has sold. Donation to follow.